- iMore Specialist
- 1,082 Posts
Activation on major carrier on Upgrade Program
I am wondering if I have to activate my new phone on one of the 4 major carriers when I do the Apple Upgrade program. We are on Consumer Cellular, which runs on the AT&T network, but we don't have an account with any major carrier. It just seems that I would be okay, as it states a "national carrier", and Consumer Cellular is that.
Also, I see that it says no debit cards, but an Apple rep said that if my debit card can be used as a credit card that it will be fine.
- 09-24-2015, 02:21 PM #2
- 09-24-2015, 04:25 PM #3Banned
- 12,021 Posts
Re: Activation on major carrier on Upgrade Program
Check out this article...it basically spells out the fine print of the program, which does unfortunately say that it requires a contract with one of the main 4 carriers to use...
Understanding the fine print on Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program - CNET
- By Davyo in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2015, 03:21 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2015, 02:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2015, 06:57 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2015, 06:42 AM
- By Tina Hickman in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2015, 09:20 PM