Issues with switching SIM cards?

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a question about switching SIM cards. I currently have an iPhone 6 and 6+ from AT&T. Does it hurt anything to switch out the SIM cards periodically? I like to take time about using each device so I switch out the SIM cards. (I can't decide if I want to keep the 6+ or sell it)....but wondering if there are any drawbacks or potential issues doing this with the SIM's? Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You should be fine as long at the SIM is properly seated in it's tray and inserting into each phone isn't met with a need to exert undue force to reinsert the tray into the device.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about switching SIM cards. I currently have an iPhone 6 and 6+ from AT&T. Does it hurt anything to switch out the SIM cards periodically? I like to take time about using each device so I switch out the SIM cards. (I can't decide if I want to keep the 6+ or sell it)....but wondering if there are any drawbacks or potential issues doing this with the SIM's? Thanks!

AT&T has previously told me that some devices require revised SIMs - that some features may may not work with newer devices and older SIMs. While that may be true when trying to use a 4 or 5 year old SIM in an iPhone 6S, for example, going from an iPhone 6 to a 6 Plus or even a 6 to a 6S.

You should be fine with what you want to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234