My iPhone is coming up with 'slide to upgrade' but won't let me. Is this meant to happen?

I

iMore Question

my iphone is coming up with 'slide to upgrade' but won't let me. Is this meant to happen?

After I had done the update for ios9 I had clicked on 'enable location services' and the screen went white and said 'slide to upgrade but it won't let me slide the screen across and I'm worried something has happened to my phone because of the update

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: my iphone is coming up with 'slide to upgrade' but won't let me. Is this meant to happen?

Are you sure "Slide to upgrade" does not mean in this case to slide a bar much like powering off or answering a call? Also I have never heard of this so it must be something in IOS 9 new and I have not upgraded yet. Hopefully another member can jump in and clarify this for you.

khseo89

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The same thing has happened to me!!!

I did the update..showed the "slide to upgrade" screen, then I followed all the instructions. But after I choose my network option and click next, the screen restarts (turns a little brighter) then the "slide to upgrade" button shows up again but this time it won't let me slide.
I tried restarting my phone multiple times but it keeps doing the same thing..

HELP!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Somewhere along those screens I've had it freeze up on me in the past. The reboot solved my problem. If it's not actually letting you slide after multiple reboots then hopefully you have an Apple Store nearby so they can get you a new device.

la06ren

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Have you managed to fix this? This is coming up on my phone and it's starting to worry me now as I have reset the phone several times (holding down home button and lock button) but the same message slide to upgrade is STILL coming up but not letting me actually slide across

Adrian Bond

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Ditto: forced to update to ios9 so that I can get my Apps to update and work again. Install seemed to go okay, 'slide to update' appeared, asked to turn on location services and iCloud storage, pass code, then went white with black Apple logo, or black with white apple logo (it's getting late and I've been at this for 3 hours now), then restarts, comes up white with 'slide to upgrade', then goes really really bright.

Phone is now a brick. Tried restarting (Hold down power and home keys), same problem. Tried DFU reset and restore, goes through the whole reset and restore process (about 10 mins), then starts the process as per the beginning, eventually coming back to this bright white 'Slide to upgrade' screen that doesn't let you do anything...

HELP!!!!!! What other options have I? (And get a new phone is NOT a useful answer! lol)

polynesianmetal

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: my iphone is coming up with 'slide to upgrade' but won't let me. Is this meant to happen?

Me too. I exactly resemble this comment above. >slide to upgrade and cannot slide. Tried to restore and same diff.

ehay1

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
ARGH this is happening to me too - updated my iPod about 6 hours ago and have been trying to fix this ever since! nothing has worked so far and I've tried everything including several restores, using a Reiboot program, and finally putting into DFU mode and restoring, syncing everything from the pc from scratch. It went through the entire boot process and still ended with a 'slide to upgrade' page which would not budge. I'm assuming (HOPING) apple come out with some sort of solution soon, but for now don't waste your time trying any of the above because it ends up the same.

ehay1

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't get too worried about it - clearly a lot of people having the same problem which makes me think it's a bug with the new update. Hopefully Apple can sort it soon. If anyone hears from support/elsewhere more on the problem and especially how to fix it please keep posting :)

ehay1

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
seems to be a very common problem on a number of forums (can't post link in here but you can Google it), especially for people upgrading directly from ios7 to ios9 (myself included)

turtleswillrule

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Finally fixed it! You have to downgrade to 8.4.1.
Outlined the steps below.
Step 1 - Backup your pictures! Even though you can't get to your phone and use it you should still be able to backup your pictures Step 2 - Download IOS 8.4.1 for your iPhone or iPad from this site --> htt ps://ipsw.me /8.4.1 The file was taking a while to download for my phone so I searched the filename on Google and downloaded from Mega.
Step 3 - Reboot phone into DFU mode - hold down power button and home button - when it reboots let go of power button - still hold home button At this point it will ask you to connect your phone to iTunes - will have to connect phone to the computer.
Step 4 - Hold down the Option (Mac) or Shift (Windows) and and then click restore.
Step 5 - Browse to the 8.4.1 file you downloaded and select it. This should restore to the previous IOS version. Note: This will wipe phone.
Step 6 - Restore from backup. Hope that you backed up before attempting to update.
UPDATE : After installing 8.4.1 I was able to update to IOS9 with no issues. I was initially running IOS7 when I attempted to upgrade the first time. Hope this helps everyone out.

From another user on another site just posting for everyone

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Did all of you completely skip iOS 8 for a year?

Hashy Yusof

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU! This worked for me. Was previously using the iOs 7, tried to update to 9 but slide to upgrade wouldn't move.

This solution helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods