My iPhone is coming up with 'slide to upgrade' but won't let me. Is this meant to happen?

edmartrox

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my IPAD slide to upgrade back to passcode then to slide to upgrade back to passcode
over & over. Have done hard reset several times and same thing. I need it for work tomorrow.

Sonartech08

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
For Step 1, you say back up your pictures that we should be able to do so but i don't see how. How?? Any instructions on how you were able to do it>?

Thanks.

Navi Dhaliwal

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: my iphone is coming up with 'slide to upgrade' but won't let me. Is this meant to happen?

The same thing happened to me and my mom her IPhone 5 and my IPad 4 I found that u have to go on iTunes (Laptop or computer) and cancell the update. If that doesn't work go to the Apple Store.

Navi Dhaliwal

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
The same thing happened to me and my mom I found that u have to go to iTunes and cancell the update if that doesn't work it's always good to go to the Apple Store

DonaldT

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I had the same thing happen (screen freezing on 'slide to upgrade') and spent *hours* yesterday trying to fix it and *hours* today on the phone with Apple Care. Finally have the phone back after doing the following:

1) Hold both buttons down and plug phone into computer
2) Continue holding down the Home button until you see the Apple logo and then the iTunes cord
3) Once the phone was in Recovery Mode, choose the option to recover it *AS A NEW PHONE* and NOT from your last backup (this was the key for me!)
4) Once your phone has been recovered as a new phone, THEN you can restore backup.

Hope this helps if anyone else is having the same problem! :)

I just want to say that ^THIS^ is what I did to save my son's iPhone 5C when he used a backup and got the "Slide to upgrade", and it worked for us. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

DonaldT

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
For Step 1, you say back up your pictures that we should be able to do so but i don't see how. How?? Any instructions on how you were able to do it>?

Thanks.

I was able to get the photos off my sons phone by using the ImageCapture app on a Mac. If you have a Mac, you should already have that app. If it's not right in your applications folder, it might be in the utilities folder inside your applications folder.

Shivesh Singh

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
After getting the dead white screen with the "slide to upgrade " never sliding option , read many posts and tried to connect through itunes and restore but it is throwing error at itunes --> " go to icloud settings on your iphone and turn off find my iphone before restoring your iphone" i opened icloud and completely clueless how to turn off find my iphone application. i have 5s 16gb . , how to proceed from here , please help !

Lola Angelcheva

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
After updatng my phone to ios 9 i clicked to enable my location and it took me to the slide to upgrade screen and when i slide the screen and it takes me to the password screen and then i put in my password and it takes me to the slide to upgrade screen over and over agian. HELPP

Chelsea Hutson

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
The same thing happened to me this morning, so far I have had more success when I plug my Iphone into the computer as soon as I restart it. Itunes seems to be able to read the information on the phone when the screen is in the 'hello' section, rather than when it wont let you swipe. I hope this helps.
I then restore the iphone through itunes

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: my iphone is coming up with 'slide to upgrade' but won't let me. Is this meant to happen?

After I had done the update for ios9 I had clicked on 'enable location services' and the screen went white and said 'slide to upgrade but it won't let me slide the screen across and I'm worried something has happened to my phone because of the update

‘Slide to Upgrade’ hanging ... here’s the solution:

Apple’s fix isn’t convenient, it involves connecting your device via cable to a computer, but at least it works:

Connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer. Open iTunes.

Choose your device in the iTunes window. You may have to force restart (hold power and home button for several seconds) to reboot the iOS device. This should make it show up in iTunes as usual.

Restore from a backup made before iOS 9. If you haven’t got a recent backup, make a backup now and then restore from that.

Although backing up and immediately restoring to that same ‘buggy’ backup seems redundant, it actually flushes out the weirdness and when the phone boots again it will be able to complete the upgrade.

Lady_Marushka

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I have same phone and same problem! Sooooooooo frustrating! Is Apple working on a solution or are they just hoping we'll break down and fork over more $$$ for a new phone? Am so ticked off that I might stop buying Apple products. Sigh.

Lady_Marushka

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

Tried to make an emergency backup in itunes and in icloud but neither will make a backup (message reads: unable to make backup because your phone is not yet set up)....how do I get around this message? Not obvious to me. Any words of wisdom appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Tried to make an emergency backup in itunes and in icloud but neither will make a backup (message reads: unable to make backup because your phone is not yet set up)....how do I get around this message? Not obvious to me. Any words of wisdom appreciated!

How are you going to make a backup if the phone isn't set up yet? Set up the phone first and then make your backup.

Lady_Marushka

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

iTunes & iCloud have determined my phone to be "not yet set up" because i am stuck in the middle of the ios9 upgrade, frozen at "slide to upgrade" so how can you make a backup when the program won't let you?

Neither program would recognize my phone as the same phone it had backed up on previous occasions. Trying not to lose data since backup earlier this year. Guess I will have to go to Apple Store and consult a "genius"...

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I saw this headlined in Google News a couple of days ago, and is quite a common problem, especially for those who went from iOS 7 to iOS9, skipping 8. I don't know the fix though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There hasn't been any solutions that doesn't involve wiping your phone, I didn't back mine up either and losing 2 months of family trip photos and friend's number and conversations isn't an ideal solution.

Why I upload photos and videos to Box and Dropbox. Never know what might happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro