In the future, Apple may allow users to remove some pre-installed apps

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Tim Cook Talks iPhone Security, His Favorite New Features, and Deleting Stock iOS Apps - Mac Rumors

Saw this and thought it was quite interesting.

Of course, it's only a rumour at the moment but if Apple do allow folks to remove some pre-installed apps, I would be very happy.

There are a few apps I don't think have opened for years and years. The last time I opened the Stocks app was probably just after I got my first iPhone back in 2007. I honestly haven't opened it, except by accident, since then. Being able to remove it would be useful.

For those that say "just put them in a folder and forget about them", yes, I currently have a folder with all the apps I will never use in and whilst they are out of sight and therefore out of mind, I would prefer them to just not be there at all. I know a lot of others echo this sentiment too.

iOS 9 brings in a few more pre-installed apps like Find Friends, which I don't give a tinker's cuss about, nor Game Centre or the Tips app. Being able to remove them would be a useful feature.

My Samsung Note 3 had 32 apps I couldn't remove, including a number of apps that completely duplicated other pre-installed and irremovable apps. One of the many reasons why I left Android.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Saw this earlier on Engadget. This would be a great move forward in giving users more control over their storage space limitations.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Note 3 had 32 apps I couldn't remove, including a number of apps that completely duplicated other pre-installed and irremovable apps. One of the many reasons why I left Android.

This is why my Androids are always rooted and ROM'd. I can't complain, customizing a device like that is actually incredibly fun for me!

As Android seems to be moving more into a sandbox, Apple is moving out of it. Getting weirder by the day.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised this hasn't already been implemented...I never use that stock app (and I have Apple stock, go figure), the native weather app never gets touched, Tips...they'd all be gone. This seems more like a common sense thing than what seems like a "gift" to the consumer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox