Apple strikes a blow...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Apple gets nearly enough credit for how they really protect the consumer:

From the beginning:

- no bloatware!

Going way back:

- Strives for devices that work across carriers as much as possible and international

- AppleCare+ : flat price service contract. Evolved into accident replacement. Carriers had to change their coverage to compete.

Ios 7, 8

- user privacy and security. With their App policies, the way they keep user info, data private from app publishers and even Apple.

Ios8:

- Apple Pay. While other companies figure out how to mine you for more data, Apple protects your personal and financial privacy.

Ios9:

- Apple competes directly with carriers with phone financing and delivering unlocked phones. More choice, no more carrier lock.

- Apple delivers a reasonably priced streaming box, media hub, gaming console with the new AppleTV that allows any provider to publish an app with their content. Cable cutting at its finest! (You need to purchase broadband of course). Truly a la carte programming.

A strike against tech monopolies like no one has seen before. All pro-consumer.

As long as you embrace their ecosystem... Not really. Other companies could follow their example in any one of these areas if they thought of us as customers to be cared for instead of mined.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Apple gets nearly enough credit for how they really protect the consumer:

Going way back:

- Strives for devices that work across carriers as much as possible and international

Ios 7, 8

- user privacy and security. With their App policies, the way they keep user info, data private from app publishers and even Apple.

Ios8:

- Apple Pay. While other companies figure out how to mine you for more data, Apple protects your personal and financial privacy.

Ios9:

- Apple competes directly with carriers with phone financing and delivering unlocked phones. More choice, no more carrier lock.

- Apple delivers a reasonably priced streaming box, media hub, gaming console with the new AppleTV that allows any provider to publish an app with their content. Cable cutting at its finest! (You need to purchase broadband of course). Truly a la carte programming.

A strike against tech monopolies like no one has seen before. All pro-consumer.

As long as you embrace their ecosystem... Not really. Other companies could follow their example in any one of these areas if they cared for us as customers to be cared for instead of mined.

I totally agree with this post.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll