Restored iPhone now new pictures gone, data recovery
new iPhone I've had for 3 months but never backed it up using iCloud or iTunes. When I hooked up to computer I mistakenly put restore from pam iPhone which was my previous iPhone instead of "new iPhone." Apple said all my data is now gone (just what I had on my old iPhone up to point I backed that up) and new data 1,700 photos is gone (encrypted and can't get back). Do you have a way????
I've tried tons of trial data recovery programs but they only bring up my old picts that were on my old phone which are now on my new phone.
Possibly jailbreak phone to recover?
- 08-31-2015, 06:51 AM #2
- 08-31-2015, 07:09 AM #3
- 09-03-2015, 03:46 AM #4iMore Newbie
- 47 Posts
Re: Restored iPhone now new pictures gone, data recovery
Not most likely, they are definitely and irrevocably lost. The iPhone's internal storage is encrypted, what happens when you restore the device (or delete it remotely) is that the key to decrypt the device is discarded and deleted from the device. Until you overwrite the device with new data your old data may still be there but there is absolutely no way to access it. That being said your data is also not there anymore since you've already restored an old update to your phone and the data has been overwritten.
There is no way to get your data back.
- By Malek Yamout in forum iPhone 6Replies: 3Last Post: 08-31-2015, 12:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2015, 07:04 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2015, 05:37 AM
- By rodmatic in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 3Last Post: 08-31-2015, 01:07 AM
- By pmd1117 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 0Last Post: 08-30-2015, 10:46 PM