Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Problem with my battery

I need to get my battery replaced (at least I think I do) and I'm jail broken, will an apple retail store (solutions inc) service a jail broken phone?

Some background info:

I can be on anywhere from 14-36% and my phone, when I unlock it, will jump to 1% and then turn itself off retiring a charger to be connected to turn it back on. However, when I connect a charger, it displays the apple logo straight away and then when it turn on has the original 14-36% it died on. This happened with my old phone and this one too now but before I jailbroke.
    Also, more recently after I jail broke, the maximum charge I can get is 98% and while this is currently a minor inconvenience I'm worried it will start dropping further down to lower max percentages.

I row a lot so I think it could be water damage but it hasn't gone within 5 feet of the river.

A little help please
    iMore Genius

3,636 Posts

Default Re: Problem with my battery

My suggestion: Return your phone to an non-jailbroken state and see if that fixes your issue. If not . . . take your device to Apple and have them look at it.

Default Re: Problem with my battery

All that background info and you fail to tell is which phone you use. Is it old? New?