Siri teasing us after official Sept. 9th announcement today...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
5ceccef2980679366225f310bbbbb051.jpg

Totally ready for this!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What I'm wondering is when we'd have preorders. Some folks are saying Sep 11 but I think that might prove to be a public relations problem, considering the day.
Thoughts?

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
What I'm wondering is when we'd have preorders. Some folks are saying Sep 11 but I think that might prove to be a public relations problem, considering the day.
Thoughts?

It would be a public relations disaster to begin preorders on 9/11. That day will be a day of reverence and mourning for most Americans for many years to come.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It would be a public relations disaster to begin preorders on 9/11. That day will be a day of reverence and mourning for most Americans for many years to come.

It really wouldn't make a difference in my opinion...sure, it's a day of remembrance, but you can't shut the world down because of it. If a company had a pre-order on the Pearl Harbor anniversary, nobody would really be concerned at all. Truth be told, the terrorists who attacked the world trade center were trying to cripple America's economy in part by choosing those buildings...what better what to give terrorists a big F' YOU! than to spend our money on things that make us happy as Americans.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the difference between Pearl Harbor or Memorial Day or Veterans Day is historical proximity. 9/11 is much closer to us. I wasn't around on the years following Pearl Harbor or the declaration of Veterans or Memorial Day so I don't know if they were ever solemn non commercial days. And actually there are no Pearl Harbor Day sales or big commercial events around Pearl Harbor Day as there are no Nagasaki Hiroshima Sale Day. Those days are held in reflection.
A closer example would be the designation of Martin Luther King Jr as a federal holiday. You don't see MLK sales going up.
We'll see on the day. I personally hope they choose 9/10 or 9/12.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think the difference between Pearl Harbor or Memorial Day or Veterans Day is historical proximity. 9/11 is much closer to us. I wasn't around on the years following Pearl Harbor or the declaration of Veterans or Memorial Day so I don't know if they were ever solemn non commercial days. And actually there are no Pearl Harbor Day sales or big commercial events around Pearl Harbor Day as there are no Nagasaki Hiroshima Sale Day. Those days are held in reflection.
A closer example would be the designation of Martin Luther King Jr as a federal holiday. You don't see MLK sales going up.
We'll see on the day. I personally hope they choose 9/10 or 9/12.

No, MLK day is not a "sales" day. But that's a different type holiday. It's more like President's Day. The only holiday or any other day that closes businesses is Christmas Day. Even then, some are open. Most people could not care less what Apple does on September 11th. Most won't even know Pre-orders are taking place. It's a big deal to us. But not to most folks. It's inconsequential to the majority.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No, MLK day is not a "sales" day. But that's a different type holiday. It's more like President's Day. The only holiday or any other day that closes businesses is Christmas Day. Even then, some are open. Most people could not care less what Apple does on September 11th. Most won't even know Pre-orders are taking place. It's a big deal to us. But not to most folks. It's inconsequential to the majority.

I'm not saying to close business.
I'm saying preorders for 9/10 or 9/12 instead of 9/11.
That would be my preference. I feel that Apple would be better served, considering the sensitivity of the day, if preorders would simply go one day before or one day after.
I would be disappointed if Apple placed greater importance on its traditions than in the historical significance of the day.
In any case, we will know in little over two weeks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That would be my preference. I feel that Apple would be better served, considering the sensitivity of the day, if preorders would simply go one day before or one day after.
I would be disappointed if Apple placed greater importance on its traditions than in the historical significance of the day.

So you would like to see all businesses suspend online orders for products and services on September 11th? If not, then why Apple? What Apple does on September 11th will be totally insignificant for most people. No different than Ford or GE taking online orders for products.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So you would like to see all businesses suspend online orders for products and services on September 11th? If not, then why Apple? What Apple does on September 11th will be totally insignificant for most people. No different than Ford or GE taking online orders for products.

No. I'm not asking for all business to suspend online orders.

I'm saying Apple product launches get a lot of media attention. More so that many other products. I dint remember the last time I saw CNN report on the new F150 pickup and sent news crews to cover dealerships, but I do remember last year almost every single news outlet reported on the new iPhone and reported from the lines of people waiting to buy.

It would be a win to be sensitive to an event and to simply move the day that pre-orders happen.

One day. 9/10 or 9/12.

It won't damage Apple at all. Whereas an appearance of insensitivity can be detrimental.

I said I would be disappointed if they chose to ignore the sensitivity of the day and treat it like any other day.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No. I'm not asking for all business to suspend online orders.

I'm saying Apple product launches get a lot of media attention. More so that many other products. I dint remember the last time I saw CNN report on the new F150 pickup and sent news crews to cover dealerships, but I do remember last year almost every single news outlet reported on the new iPhone and reported from the lines of people waiting to buy.

It would be a win to be sensitive to an event and to simply move the day that pre-orders happen.

One day. 9/10 or 9/12.

It won't damage Apple at all. Whereas an appearance of insensitivity can be detrimental.

I said I would be disappointed if they chose to ignore the sensitivity of the day and treat it like any other day.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4

The media probably won't mention Pre-orders. They'll have a short report on the official release day, the 18th.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I guarantee you it'll be on 9/11

Lots of things happen on 9/11, so I don't see how it'll stop Apple from doing something as simple as a pre-order a week before shipping. The NFL has had a couple of Opening Day Sundays on 9/11. I don't see it as a reason to shift stuff. I remember 9/11 everyday. Not just on 9/11. And to tell you the truth, I'd rather not remember it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner