Bad sound quality through the earphones and the Yamaha AS500 Integrated Amp
I have an iPhone 6 and a Sony Xperia ZR. And when I compare them, the frequency response is a bit weird for my ears with iPhone 6 than ZR. Same when connecting to my stereo amp.
The ZR is having a comparable sound signature to my PC (which is having a Xonar DX soundcard) but iPhone 6 sounds....like its playing a very low bitrate file with too much emphasis on bass.
- 08-24-2015, 09:38 AM #2
- 08-24-2015, 10:17 AM #3Banned
- 12,021 Posts
Re: Bad sound quality through the earphones and the Yamaha AS500 Integrated Amp
The iPhone does not play high-res audio natively though unfortunately...hopefully it will one day. They do have docks you can buy that bypass the iPhone's DAC and uses your receiver or amps DAC to play the music, but it is still going to be downgraded a bit vs. what you can get using a computer or other audio source.
No, the iPhone 6 Doesn't Play High-Res Audio... Yet
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook AirReplies: 4Last Post: 08-26-2015, 12:03 AM
- By Denise Lavery in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-24-2015, 04:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-24-2015, 06:14 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2015, 11:40 PM