Why do I have such bad sound quality through the earphones and the Yamaha AS500 Integrated Amp?

I

iMore Question

Bad sound quality through the earphones and the Yamaha AS500 Integrated Amp

Hi !

I have an iPhone 6 and a Sony Xperia ZR. And when I compare them, the frequency response is a bit weird for my ears with iPhone 6 than ZR. Same when connecting to my stereo amp.
The ZR is having a comparable sound signature to my PC (which is having a Xonar DX soundcard) but iPhone 6 sounds....like its playing a very low bitrate file with too much emphasis on bass.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bad sound quality through the earphones and the Yamaha AS500 Integrated Amp

Go to Settings>> Music>> scroll down to EQ... if it's on - turn it off, or select one of the other options that suits your preferences.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bad sound quality through the earphones and the Yamaha AS500 Integrated Amp

Go to Settings>> Music>> scroll down to EQ... if it's on - turn it off, or select one of the other options that suits your preferences.

This is exactly what I had to do when I had my iPhone connected to my home entertainment system...it was overly bassy and sounded compressed. It was because of the digital EQ settings that were defaulted for whatever reason...turned it off and it sounded better.

The iPhone does not play high-res audio natively though unfortunately...hopefully it will one day. They do have docks you can buy that bypass the iPhone's DAC and uses your receiver or amps DAC to play the music, but it is still going to be downgraded a bit vs. what you can get using a computer or other audio source.

No, the iPhone 6 Doesn't Play High-Res Audio... Yet

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77