Why is my main music library not in alphabetical order on my computer?

I

iMore Question

why is my main music library not in alpha order on my comuter

I can adjust the top columns in my main music library and put them in any sequence I wish across the top of the page.

I could always hit one of these topics ( e.g. composers) and it would process in alphabetical order either up or down but always in alpha order. Why is it not doing that now?

Currently the music jumps to a song that is not the next on the list and I am thinking that this has some relationship to the above.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is my main music library not in alpha order on my comuter

Make sure you're using the latest iTunes version.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my main music library not in alpha order on my comuter

I can adjust the top columns in my main music library and put them in any sequence I wish across the top of the page.

I could always hit one of these topics ( e.g. composers) and it would process in alphabetical order either up or down but always in alpha order. Why is it not doing that now?

Currently the music jumps to a song that is not the next on the list and I am thinking that this has some relationship to the above.

Here's a screenshot of my iTunes Music...

View attachment 88581

The top 3 sections (Genre, Artist and Album) are filters to control what is listed in the lower section. The headers in that lower section (Name, Time, Artist,Album by Artist, Genre, Plays, Disc #, Track# and Rating) control the sort order.

When I click on Name, for instance, the list is sorted by track name and the tracks are played in that order.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner