Why aren't my Outlook.com Email and Calendar syncing?

pwrof3

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Outlook.com Email and Calendar not syncing

I switched back to iPhone after six months flirting with Android and Windows Phone. I had an iPhone 5 last year and it synced my Outlook.com email and calendar with no issues.
When I set up my newer iPhone 5S a few days ago, I added my Outlook.com account in the Settings. The stock iOS Mail app will not load ANY mail at all, and the Calendar app pulled all data for the initial sync, but will not sync any new data I add on my online Outlook.com calendar.
I never had this issue in the past with the iPhone 5, so I'm a bit confused as to why it is not syncing.
Luckily, Microsoft has an Outlook email app, so I can use that for now (but I prefer the clean, simple stock Mail app).
Thanks in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Outlook.com Email and Calendar not syncing

I don't know what to tell you. I have an Outlook.com account configured on my iPhone 6 Plus, and had it configured on my iPhone 5S before that and never had a problem with it pulling email and still don't. I can't speak in regard to the calendar because I use iCloud for it. I recommend the following.

1. Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Outlook and check the settings therein.
2. Delete the account, reboot, and then reconfigure the account.

pwrof3

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. I've tried that, and it still is not working. I know there was an Outlook outage a few days ago, but it works fine on every other device and the web.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

You could try to manually configure it as an Exchange Active Sync account or use the Outlook app instead of the stock mail app. Not sure why it won't work properly with just the login information. Does it give any errors? Check the account settings again.

I'm using the Outlook app now but on my iPhone 5 Outlook.com calender and email are syncing fine with the stock apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh