Am I the only one who thinks that  music app is a disgrace?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
English 101 refresher....

1. Your - this is used to show something that belongs. Example: It is 'your' responsibility to get 'your' work done on time.

2. You're - This is the same as saying "you are". Example: 'You're' the one I want to take to the prom. 'Your' is not the same as 'you're'.

3. Their - Like 'your', 'their' indicates that something belongs. Example: 'Their' house is not painted the same color as ours.

4. They're - 'They're' is the same as saying 'they are'. Example: If we don't hurry, 'they're' going to get there before we do.

5. There - 'There' indicates a place or a means to get something. Example: Is 'there' a way to fix my iPhone? Example 2: How am I suppose to get 'there' without instructions?

Last edited:

omakad

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Forum Moderation 101 :cool:

- Forum moderators are not there to spell check and do grammar but rather to make sure that all member are following the rules of the forum and people are not offended or are using foul language.
- Most good forum moderators are aware that pointing out grammar mistakes online will alienate their forum members.
- This kind of behavior is unnecessary and its viewed by forum members as duchy.
- In other instances, it will make forum members feel stupid and have them concentrate on spelling and grammar rather then keeping the forum vibrant and interesting and getting their points across.
- In the world of touch keyboards spelling and grammar errors are always present, also this is internet and not academic papers.
- As annoying, grammar mistakes are for some and they can't help themselves, they should have enough common sense to realize that internet forums and webpages are accessible to most nations and foreign language visitors; who's first language is not English. These members may feel as (see above points again).
- Passive Aggressive Smilies don't make it better.

PS. Try to not abuse your moderation power and ban me or restrict me from this forum for speaking your mind. Take this as constructive criticism and change your habits accordingly for the good of the forum. While there are written communication, people WILL make errors for one reason or another. That doesn't not mean that they are not aware of proper gammer but in most cases that they didn't bother grammar checking as they are not getting paid for participation on the forum nor they are professional writers/bloggers.

Now what would be cool, is keeping this post alive by directing members that are not participating in initially conversation and questions on point so this post ends up being about issues with Apple music and not issues with grammar or anything else.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
APPLE SUCKS!

Nah...apple doesn't really suck, I just wanted to get your attention so we could discuss it further.

ITUNES SUCKS!

Nah...just playing, it doesn't suck, I was just being overly dramatic so you'd pay attention to me.

...do you see a pattern here? lol.

You say you're not here to argue, but you're representing your opinion as factual...you said "You should try Spotify so you can see that Apple's service is bad in comparison"...you do realize that THAT is an opinion and not a factual statement?

It's ok to prefer other services to Apple's offering as long as you understand that your view of the service isn't something everyone has to agree with or share. Personally, I don't use any of the services (Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music) because I prefer to just play my own music out of my library I have on the phone without using data to stream stuff...and if there's something I want to listen to that I don't have, I just go buy it.

That said, I'm not on here trying to push that preference on anyone...its not the "right" choice, its just my choice. Just because you think this service is sub par doesn't mean a person who thinks its great is wrong, it just means they differ in opinion...the fact that you've replied a few times "arguing" this seems to indicate that your intentions were, in fact, to argue.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Forum Moderation 101 :cool:

- Forum moderators are not there to spell check and do grammar but rather to make sure that all member are following the rules of the forum and people are not offended or are using foul language.
- Most good forum moderators are aware that pointing out grammar mistakes online will alienate their forum members.
- This kind of behavior is unnecessary and its viewed by forum members as duchy.
- In other instances, it will make forum members feel stupid and have them concentrate on spelling and grammar rather then keeping the forum vibrant and interesting and getting their points across.
- In the world of touch keyboards spelling and grammar errors are always present, also this is internet and not academic papers.
- As annoying, grammar mistakes are for some and they can't help themselves, they should have enough common sense to realize that internet forums and webpages are accessible to most nations and foreign language visitors; who's first language is not English. These members may feel as (see above points again).
- Passive Aggressive Smilies don't make it better.

PS. Try to not abuse your moderation power and ban me or restrict me from this forum for speaking your mind. Take this as constructive criticism and change your habits accordingly for the good of the forum. While there are written communication, people WILL make errors for one reason or another. That doesn't not mean that they are not aware of proper gammer but in most cases that they didn't bother grammar checking as they are not getting paid for participation on the forum nor they are professional writers/bloggers.

Now what would be cool, is keeping this post alive by directing members that are not participating in initially conversation and questions on point so this post ends up being about issues with Apple music and not issues with grammar or anything else.

Being that you clearly don't have a clue to how I am, your reply was quickly dismissed at drivel. Now, if you don't mind, I am going to go back to doing what I do best - trying to help people. Take care...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'll give you this one though, I have learned a lot from this thread in the last two days than I have in 4 weeks. In order to reply to you, I had to find out a few things, with ease, that is, so thanks.

omakad

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
You right, I don't know. I'm new here. Maybe you are a great guy/gall, but that wasn't my point. I'm sure you are a mod for reason. I was just giving you my two cents on what grammar nazi's do for me. Which is not much. Feel free to disregard my comments just as I did yours. Cheers!

PS. I find it weird that I asked simple question on Apple Music as there is no way that I'm the only one that feels this way about the new service. This forum/post did everything but given me some constructive feedback. It feels like that all the users got offended that I god forbid said something bad about Apple. I understand this is a Apple forum but I think that Apple can do no wrong approach is completely useless.

So far I got, peoples opinions on my choice of wording, my grammar and I was called newbie that has not tested the service properly and I don't know what I'm talking about. Thought this bantering may be interesting to young bucks I'm not here for that. I will restrict myself from asking questions because force is strong with Apple can't do no wrong fanboys here.

I apologize for offending people with my simple question.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No, you just offended me by saying I didn't give any constructive feedback.

If I may be blunt, you are very narrow minded and you are disregarding every carefully written reply to your questions/rants.

I want to throw lamps at you because you need to lighten up.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You right, I don't know. I'm new here. Maybe you are a great guy/gall, but that wasn't my point. I'm sure you are a mod for reason. I was just giving you my two cents on what grammar nazi's do for me. Which is not much. Feel free to disregard my comments just as I did yours. Cheers!
Understood.

PS. I find it weird that I asked simple question on Apple Music as there is no way that I'm the only one that feels this way about the new service. This forum/post did everything but given me some constructive feedback. It feels like that all the users got offended that I god forbid said something bad about Apple. I understand this is a Apple forum but I think that Apple can do no wrong approach is completely useless.
I disagree. You asked if you were the only one who thought the Music app was a 'disgrace'? Some of us focused on the word, 'disgrace' and found that although Music isn't without flaws, we didn't find it a 'disgrace'. That is NOT defending Apple or acting as if Apple can do no wrong. That's giving our honest opinions.

So far I got, peoples opinions on my choice of wording, my grammar and I was called newbie that has not tested the service properly and I don't know what I'm talking about. Thought this bantering may be interesting to young bucks I'm not here for that. I will restrict myself from asking questions because force is strong with Apple can't do no wrong fanboys here.

I apologize for offending people with my simple question.
No one appears offended, but you. Some of us do not think the music service is a 'disgrace'. Has it caused a good deal of problems for numerous people? Heck yeah! Is it better than all of the other streaming services? I don't think so, but then again, that depends on the person and their streaming needs. Is it soooo bad that it should never have been offered (possibly disgraceful)? Not in my opinion. That's not a pro-Apple answer. That's my honest answer.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I will restrict myself from asking questions because force is strong with Apple can't do no wrong fanboys here.

That didn't take long. I love being right.

If you thought coming on here and using a sensationalized title with dramatically critical opinions about one of the features of the iPhone would be "interesting", you thought wrong.

You didn't offend anyone with a simple question, you just made your intentions clear with your opinions.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
APPLE SUCKS!

Nah...apple doesn't really suck, I just wanted to get your attention so we could discuss it further.

ITUNES SUCKS!

Nah...just playing, it doesn't suck, I was just being overly dramatic so you'd pay attention to me.

...do you see a pattern here? lol.

You say you're not here to argue, but you're representing your opinion as factual...you said "You should try Spotify so you can see that Apple's service is bad in comparison"...you do realize that THAT is an opinion and not a factual statement?

It's ok to prefer other services to Apple's offering as long as you understand that your view of the service isn't something everyone has to agree with or share. Personally, I don't use any of the services (Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music) because I prefer to just play my own music out of my library I have on the phone without using data to stream stuff...and if there's something I want to listen to that I don't have, I just go buy it.

That said, I'm not on here trying to push that preference on anyone...its not the "right" choice, its just my choice. Just because you think this service is sub par doesn't mean a person who thinks its great is wrong, it just means they differ in opinion...the fact that you've replied a few times "arguing" this seems to indicate that your intentions were, in fact, to argue.

Hahaha... 12 posts and already pointing out "flaws". Maybe you would wait and see how people are before you attack the way they do things. This can be seen as "duchy" and alienate people that can help you with whatever problems you may have.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There are plenty posts addressing his troubles with Music. I took extensive time and effort to answer him and all I got back were snarky replies from him. It's safe for me to assume he was just ranting to be ranting, without touching any base.

T1ck_T0ck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I like how people compare a mature, established service to the first offering from a competitor without that conscious thought in mind. Spotify sucked when it came out but has evolved into the exceptional service it is now over time. Just like people services grow with age, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst. Time will tell.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I posted an entire thread on what irritates me about Apple Music. The service has a lot of bugs and a lot of "features" that many would call bugs (ie intentional choices that just don't make any sense to most of us). I've used almost all of the other services and agree that Apple Music is not polished for all users and flat out doesn't work for some users. It's unfortunate. Disgrace is a strong word. Your OP didn't go over well because you did exactly what you said--you posted bait. If you wanted to just have a constructive chat on the failings and shortcomings of the app, you should have probably phrased it like that. I love to have conversations like that and had a similar thread going in the Apple Music section of this forum. Come join us over there and discuss what sucks and what doesn't in a less inflammatory way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll point out the the way some of the screens look in the previous posted screen shots are not the same on all devices. On the iPhone 6 Plus, the 3 dot more menu is not very obvious that you can tap the box at the top of the menu to go to the now playing song.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
There's also a bug where the first time you tap the artist name after you tap the name of the song in the more 3-dot menu and you get to the artist page, it doesn't show the "all" and "my music" panes. If you go back and then tap the artist name again, that's when you get those two choices.
aff6f92ae404a44a8c8225d8ff91242a.jpg
8cbd20cbac0cdd3f6b9eab606900e314.jpg

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I can reproduce thAt on iPad and iPhone 6 plus.

My point is just for everyone to note that none of us know all of the bugs and "features" just like some of us don't know how to do all of the things the app offers. The interface is slightly different across devices and it isn't polished so let's try to keep that mind when we debate each other (and when we rant).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen