How to have 2 way sync for Gmail contacts?

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
How to have 2 way sync for Gmail contacts

I would like to find a way or an app that will sync my Gmail contacts and any changes made to my iPhone and visa versa immediately in the background. So if I make a change in my Gmail contacts from my desktop and I then open my iphone phone app the changes will appear.
Thanks for any help

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to have 2 way sync for Gmail contacts

Just register your gmail in Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendar.. Then enable contacts and you're good to go

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

I've got that setup already but when I make a change in my Gmail contacts from the desktop browser the change doesn't show up on my iPhone or the other way around. Am I missing something.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, Google services take some time syncing to your phone and vice versa. Just give it time

naginbhai patel

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site

I would like to find a way or an app that will sync my Gmail contacts and any changes made to my iPhone and visa versa immediately in the background. So if I make a change in my Gmail contacts from my desktop and I then open my iphone phone app the changes will appear.
Thanks for any help

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I've got that setup already but when I make a change in my Gmail contacts from the desktop browser the change doesn't show up on my iPhone or the other way around. Am I missing something.

You're not missing anything. Google only supports IMAP on the iPhone which does not push updates. So it takes time for them to sync up. If you want push you have to pay for a Google Apps account which gives you Exchange Active Sync support. Google stopped free EAS support a couple years ago.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73