Why is my missed phone call constant LED flashing or alerting?

I

iMore Question

Missed phone call constant LED flashing or alerting.

I provide support. I work on a team and the support phone rotates to different members. We must respond withing 5 minutes.

When in a meeting I may mute the phone and place it on my notebook in front of me. It is possible that I forget to unmote the phone at the end of the meeting.
Of course it is also possible to mute the phone accidently. With only vibrate on, it is possible to miss a call.

I need a strong alert if I miss a call or text.

Scope: if call or text is missed, then: start LED flashing continuousl/start playing you video loudly/flash something bright on lockscreen/etc/all together. I need to know that I missed a call/text message.
The message needs to be constant or repeaating every 5 or 10 seconds. Yes, this will drain the battery, but I would rather a low battery then miss a call and get fired.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Missed phone call constant LED flashing or alerting.

Can you please repeat your question. I must have missed it somewhere.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

There's nothing I know of that will make an iPhone behave as you desire.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Scope: if call or text is missed, then: start LED flashing continuousl/start playing you video loudly/flash something bright on lockscreen/etc/all together. I need to know that I missed a call/text message.
The message needs to be constant or repeaating every 5 or 10 seconds. Yes, this will drain the battery, but I would rather a low battery then miss a call and get fired.

You already miss the call anyway, what ever alert you want or can have will only help you to call back the miss call.
And unless it's a sound alert, the alert let say flash can be flashing all night till you wake up and see it in case the call come in late night and you miss it because you are already sleeping.
So but you can go to setting accessibility and turn on led flash for alert. It only flash while incoming call, not for miss call.
If you want more than what I describe, or almost what you want, that is missed call message audio notification, you will have to go jailbreak road, then look for "notified" or "notifier pro" in cydia or Google to find alternative for your iOS version.
Hopping that help achieving what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Here's an innovative thought....check your notification screen.
How revolutionary......

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

If your role in support is that crucial shouldn't you yourself get in the habit of checking your phone every 5 minutes instead of relying on an app or light/signal to do this for you, whether in meetings or out of them?

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Would it be possible to switch your support phone to Android or BlackBerry? Both can do what you describe.

The iPhone has its strengths, but persistent notifications aren't one of them. You can set notifications to beep every 2 minutes for up to 20 minutes for missed text messages, but that's it as far as I know.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

You can make the iPhone flash it's LED flash for notifications. It's in the accessibility settings and brighter than any of the notification LEDs out there. Unless you're not actually looking for a solution of course...bloody LED threads are possibly the most annoying thing ever.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't even cpay attention to the ones in my Note or my Gakaxy 5. It's Simone, if I've had the phone on me I get notified by the vibration or the tone/alert. If I've been away I check my screen when I get back.
Big deal.
Haven't missed anything in a year. The world didn't end.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

but I would rather a low battery then miss a call and get fired.

Too late...

In my best Donald Trump voice.

YOU'RE FIRED!!!

I called you on your Blackberry and you didn't call me back.

I guess your notification/LED/Flash Gordon/Danger Will Robinson/flashing alert thingy isn't working there either.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Looking at recent news on BlackBerry phones I'm thinking the last few acolytes best start looking around for a replacement. Their much hated Android platform is possibly going to be powering the next awesome great fantastic LED sporting Jesus phone that will be absolutely totally certain to unquestionably save the company and show us all the errors of our ways.
So they will either have to swallow a Jesus DroidBerry OR move on to an post BlackBerry LED apocalyptic world.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Looking at recent news on BlackBerry phones I'm thinking the last few acolytes best start looking around for a replacement. Their much hated Android platform is possibly going to be powering the next awesome great fantastic LED sporting Jesus phone that will be absolutely totally certain to unquestionably save the company and show us all the errors of our ways.
So they will either have to swallow a Jesus DroidBerry OR move on to an post BlackBerry LED apocalyptic world.

Ok, QB, this one made me laugh loud enough to cause my husband to spew his coffee all over his lap. :rotfl:

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
What's with the condescension and sarcasm in this thread?

The OP asked a perfectly legitimate question. The suggested workarounds are great, but some of the others seem less than helpful.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What's with the condescension and sarcasm in this thread?

The OP asked a perfectly legitimate question. The suggested workarounds are great, but some of the others seem less than helpful.

There has been any number of threads covering the subject of LEDs for Notification purposes here over the years, and this is one more on the tally... even if the iPhone had an LED notification light - I suspect it would not behave as the OP desires... nor does any notification app on any OS that I'm aware of.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
There has been any number of threads covering the subject of LEDs for Notification purposes here over the years, and this is one more on the tally... even if the iPhone had an LED notification light - I suspect it would not behave as the OP desires... nor does any notification app on any OS that I'm aware of.

Oh sure, I too have watched those threads predictably devolve as they always seem to. It's weird, it's like the one word you never say to an iPhone fan, lol.

But I didn't think the OP was condemning the iPhone for not having an LED, but rather just asking how to receive persistent alerts - and listing the possible options. It's not even the OP's personal phone, they may not be aware that the iPhone doesn't have an LED since most others do.

I've been looking for a workaround for persistent alerts too. I'd hoped that some sort of third-party app could provide persistent alerts (like LightFlow on Android or BeBuzz on BlackBerry), but I think iOS app sandboxing and limited background tasks makes it impossible.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW