Zagg Glass Screen Protector

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
How durable are these & which do u recommend ? I'm looking to pick one up from my local best buy tomorrow before I head into work.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
When it comes to screen protection, glasses are the best, and zagg have a good reputation on the field. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the Zagg.
The first one got a scratch from a drop onto a tile floor. I had switched cases and had a little gel case on it and it didn't have much of a lip. The screen underneath the Zagg was fine.
I replaced it and I've got a second one on my phone now.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
First screen protector I've ever used...just the normal "Glass" model from Zagg. I've replaced mine once, and replaced my wife's 3 times already. The lifetime warranty really comes in handy, especially since these things are like $30/piece.

I have to be honest about something though...I went years without them, and never really had any issues with my screens. I put this on my 6 Plus and it looks great because its barely noticeable, and it felt like I was getting an extra bit of protection...but as my wife went through 3 of them, I started to have this feeling like maybe they are really fragile, but because they bust like glass, it made you think your screen was protected and would have been shattered without it on there.

The more I thought about that, the more I started to realize that I think the screen would have been just fine, and the protector shattered to give you the illusion of a worthy safety net.

At the very least, though, it protects the screen from scratches...so to me, its still worth the initial investment. I'm not sure about the durability though, and I'm not sure if it actually protects the screen from anything more than scratches.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Thx, I'm definitely gonna get one. I kinda think I might need the extra protection because at my job I'm constantly on the move & pulling my phone outta my pocket & yesterday I almost dropped it several times. I have a spigen neo hybrid case, but I feel I can't go wrong with a little added protection.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I used a Zagg one for a couple weeks, can't remember the model, but I took it off to use a LifeProof Fre again. It held up well in that time. Other than Zagg, I used a Spigen Glas.tr for a month or two, and if the Zagg is anything like the Spigen, the edges will start to look like they're coming apart. Almost like there's water on the screen, but it's only the edges. Performance-wise though, glass screen protectors I think work the best. They are more solid and they will shatter and disperse energy before any of it reaches the phone screen. It also feels like there is no screen protector at all. So despite the edging issues I have, I do really like glass screen protectors.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I used a Zagg one for a couple weeks, can't remember the model, but I took it off to use a LifeProof Fre again. It held up well in that time. Other than Zagg, I used a Spigen Glas.tr for a month or two, and if the Zagg is anything like the Spigen, the edges will start to look like they're coming apart. Almost like there's water on the screen, but it's only the edges. Performance-wise though, glass screen protectors I think work the best. They are more solid and they will shatter and disperse energy before any of it reaches the phone screen. It also feels like there is no screen protector at all. So despite the edging issues I have, I do really like glass screen protectors.

I've been using Zagg GLASS since it was introduced. First on my 5s and now on my 6Plus and there is no peeling effect. Zagg is one of the BEST screen protection companys out there. I'm not sure about Spigen screen protectors, but I like there cases.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
They protect the screen from scratches which is all I really worry about. Fortunately, I tend to be careful and don't have a history of dropping my phone onto anything hard enough to do damage. I still insist on a case and screen protection and tempered glass is what I prefer. Feels and looks high quality. Doesn't detract from the screens feel or clarity.

from the Elegance

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
So I went to best buy on my way to work to get it & forgot my wallet smh. I tried using apple pay & they told me they don't support it. So I went next door to Target to get one. Got in check out & they also don't support apple pay. Going to go today since I have the day off. Left my wallet right next to my car keys lol.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I went to best buy on my way to work to get it & forgot my wallet smh. I tried using apple pay & they told me they don't support it. So I went next door to Target to get one. Got in check out & they also don't support apple pay. Going to go today since I have the day off. Left my wallet right next to my car keys lol.

Your Best Buy will eventually add Apple Pay...there's one in Atlanta that has it already, but it's also the one that is the biggest pain in the *** to get to, lol.

miket222

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
We have the Zagg Glass Shield and it's great....we purchased ours at Best Buy too....They have a price match guaranteee and the day we purchased it, they were 17.00 on Amazon.....and that is what Best Buy charged us. So check out Amazon price before you go....

Last edited by a moderator:

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
We have the Zagg Glass Shield and it's great....we purchased ours at Best Buy too....They have a price match guaranteee and the day we purchased it, they were 17.00 on Amazon.....and that is what Best Buy charged us. So check out Amazon price before you go....

Sweet, gonna check that out. Thx.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Your Best Buy will eventually add Apple Pay...there's one in Atlanta that has it already, but it's also the one that is the biggest pain in the *** to get to, lol.

Lol, the person that greets u at the door told me "their terminals use to support it, but they opted out of supporting it with their new ones". I was actually pretty excited to use Apple pay finally lol.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I like this but I don't think it will work well with the Apple leather case, or will it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like this but I don't think it will work well with the Apple leather case, or will it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think so either. The Apple Leather Cases fit like a glove. I rather have the Leather than this good looking screen protector. My Zagg Glass is doing the job good enough for now.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple leather case and Anker Glass .Much cheaper then Zagg and same harness. Actually I feel the Anker has better anti finger print control .

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple leather case and Anker Glass .Much cheaper then Zagg and same harness. Actually I feel the Anker has better anti finger print control .

Does Anker Glass have a lifetime warranty? The finger print control on the Zagg is pretty good but if Anker is better......

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2