Have horizontal lines on my iPhone screen. Help me how to fix it?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Have horizontal lines on my iphone screen. Help me how to fix it

An AppleStore GeniusBar would be able to properly diagnose and advise of options for taking care of your issues.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

My wife's ip5s recently displayed those exact characteristics. We took it along to out local Apple store, sat at the genius bar and was told it was pretty much fubar. The price of a complete screen replacement versus the value of the phone was neither worth the money or the hassle.

Sorry if this isnt what you wanted to hear.

On the plus side - the kind man did give me a trade-in value of ?180 against a new ip6!! Result, I would say!! :smile:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

My wife's ip5s recently displayed those exact characteristics. We took it along to out local Apple store, sat at the genius bar and was told it was pretty much fubar. The price of a complete screen replacement versus the value of the phone was neither worth the money or the hassle.

Sorry if this isnt what you wanted to hear.

On the plus side - the kind man did give me a trade-in value of ?180 against a new ip6!! Result, I would say!! :smile:

You can get a screen replaced for about $100 usd. Even on an iPhone 5, that is still a very reasonable cost to keep it going. Is it a direct and warrantied Apple repair? Nope, but screen replacements are such a common thing, most 3rd party places that do them will leave you with a perfectly functional device with no issues.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

The wife's 5s was in a pretty beat up state, and ?180 for a trade-in seemed quite a generous offer. It was a convenient excuse to buy her a nice new shiney ip6.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73