Public Beta 3 passcode, why do I have to enter the code each time the phone locks?

Marty Edwards

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Public Beta 3 passcode

Hi all, I live out on a farm and sometimes for many days in a row I never leave the farm so I keep my phone with a passcode but set not to ask for it for four hours. This serves me well and usually just have to enter it once each morning.

After installing public beta 3 I have to enter the passcode each time the phone locks. (iPhone 6 plus/128GB) I do NOT use the touch ID to open the phone. I did a restart of the phone and it went back to normal for about 5 minutes (twice it did this.) I have to enter the passcode everytime as of now as soon as it locks. This is not a problem per se, but, would like a little longer time before it asks.

But, I can't seen to prevent the phone from asking for the passcode everytime the screen locks. I've not tried removing the passcode because I do have Apple pay set up with cards.

Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Public Beta 3 passcode

I'm experiencing the same thing on my iPad Air, I have to assume it's a bug because the options to set different time limits are still there.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

It's a bug.

Putting beta software on your primary (or only) device brings with it a plethora of possible problems. Live and learn.

Marty Edwards

May 4, 2013
Visit site

Just wanted to confirm I was not the only one. It's minor at best but loving it overall. And, if need be, I did do a full 8.4 back up and archived it. I do not use touch ID since that forces the immediate locking of the phone.

Thanks all!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I am used to it because of TouchID and the restrictions I push from my servers, but yes you can change it, but it doesn't stick.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods