Public Beta 3 passcode, why do I have to enter the code each time the phone locks?

Marty Edwards

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Public Beta 3 passcode

Hi all, I live out on a farm and sometimes for many days in a row I never leave the farm so I keep my phone with a passcode but set not to ask for it for four hours. This serves me well and usually just have to enter it once each morning.

After installing public beta 3 I have to enter the passcode each time the phone locks. (iPhone 6 plus/128GB) I do NOT use the touch ID to open the phone. I did a restart of the phone and it went back to normal for about 5 minutes (twice it did this.) I have to enter the passcode everytime as of now as soon as it locks. This is not a problem per se, but, would like a little longer time before it asks.

But, I can't seen to prevent the phone from asking for the passcode everytime the screen locks. I've not tried removing the passcode because I do have Apple pay set up with cards.

Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Public Beta 3 passcode

I'm experiencing the same thing on my iPad Air, I have to assume it's a bug because the options to set different time limits are still there.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

It's a bug.

Putting beta software on your primary (or only) device brings with it a plethora of possible problems. Live and learn.

Marty Edwards

May 4, 2013
Visit site

Just wanted to confirm I was not the only one. It's minor at best but loving it overall. And, if need be, I did do a full 8.4 back up and archived it. I do not use touch ID since that forces the immediate locking of the phone.

Thanks all!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I am used to it because of TouchID and the restrictions I push from my servers, but yes you can change it, but it doesn't stick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2