Swollen battery issue
The trackpad on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro doesn't click. A quick Google suggested that the culprit is a swollen battery. I removed it and, sure enough, it is swollen. Moreover, while it was removed, the trackpad clicked normally. I took it to the Apple Store at Flatiron Crossing where Justin told me that this was normal and I would have to pay $135 for a new battery. WHAT? NORMAL? How can an obvious manufacturing defect be normal? Is this Apple's official response to this issue?
- 07-09-2015, 10:31 AM #2
- 07-09-2015, 10:52 AM #3Banned
- 6,101 Posts
Re: Swollen battery issue
Last edited by HankAZ; 07-10-2015 at 08:45 AM.
- By csal80 in forum Apple Watch Apps & GamesReplies: 9Last Post: 07-15-2015, 10:28 AM
- By kidwithhelmet in forum Apple MusicReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2015, 08:26 AM
- By delco24 in forum iOS 8Replies: 7Last Post: 07-08-2015, 09:21 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2015, 04:54 PM
- By Closingracer in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 3Last Post: 07-08-2015, 07:59 AM