Who thinks Newsstand Sucks rehashed 2015?

MES-CAG

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Newsstand sucks...... I am having to live in both worlds of windows and apple. Any purchases made through newsstand can only be viewed through newsstand. Either Apple or Windows need to make it compatible with each system. It is unfair if I have to give up my iPad and go back strictly to windows (Microsoft) that I lose all my digital purchases never to be seen again. I guess it was my stupidity to think digital was going to make my clutter so much better, now learning I will no longer have the magazines I already paid for since they are digital, well lesson learned the hard way, 4 years of subscriptions monies paid and I will no longer be able to access them, I am so pissed, and, I can't get a refund for current subscriptions that still have time left that won't expire until some time in 2016 because they are older than 3-months. I am going to post this everywhere I can to bash Apple for making my owned and paid for items that can no longer be accessed available to me because I am making the choice of not being an Apple product owner with everything I use. Apple you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: who thinks Newsstand Sucks rehashed 2015

Under terms and conditions for purchases and subscriptions, purchased items are subject to being used on compatible hardware and/or software. The fact that you are electing to use another hardware platform is on you... You can whine all you like about it. It's all on YOU. Apple doesn't suck... Your real issue is with the content providers for failing to make content cross-platform. Take your whine to them.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

In the words of Epictetus:

"People are not disturbed by things, but by the view they take of them."

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I am going to post this everywhere I can to bash Apple for making my owned and paid for items that can no longer be accessed available to me because I am making the choice of not being an Apple product owner with everything I use. Apple you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Did you read what you wrote? You want to bash Apple because of a decision that you made? Good luck with that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
who thinks Newsstand Sucks rehashed 2015

Newsstand sucks......
A good deal of people do not like Newsstand, but many do.
I am having to live in both worlds of windows and apple.
Why? Can you not pick one and stick with it?
Any purchases made through newsstand can only be viewed through newsstand.
Yes, that is true. You can also only buy a Big Mac from McDonald's.
Either Apple or Windows need to make it compatible with each system.
No, they do not just like McDonald's shouldn't allow Burger King to make and sell a Big Mac.
It is unfair if I have to give up my iPad and go back strictly to windows (Microsoft) that I lose all my digital purchases never to be seen again.
First of all, it is NOT 'unfair'. It may be an inconvenience, but it's not unfair.
I guess it was my stupidity to think digital was going to make my clutter so much better,
It is your fault for not researching the situation properly.
now learning I will no longer have the magazines I already paid for since they are digital, well lesson learned the hard way, 4 years of subscriptions monies paid and I will no longer be able to access them,
The Magazine and purchased items are still available to you. You will simply need to use an Apple product to access them.
I am so pissed
You only have yourself to be upset with in this regard.
, and, I can't get a refund for current subscriptions that still have time left that won't expire until some time in 2016 because they are older than 3-months.
Break out your Apple product, sign in to Newsstand and view your subscriptions.
I am going to post this everywhere I can to bash Apple for making my owned and paid for items that can no longer be accessed available to me because I am making the choice of not being an Apple product owner with everything I use. Apple you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go ahead, and just like here, there will be people with common sense telling you how silly it is for you to act in this manner when you really don't have a complaint.

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I have one magazine in Newsstand, a monthly subscription that I can cancel at any time. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure I can even view the articles directly on the website. I guess it's just what you want and how you use it. I also agree with others, this situation is the creation of your own doing. You used an Apple specific Apple created native app, got rid of your Apple product and then complain that it's Apple's fault for not putting their app, for their ecosystem, on another companies ecosystem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Newsstand sucks...... I am having to live in both worlds of windows and apple. Any purchases made through newsstand can only be viewed through newsstand. Either Apple or Windows need to make it compatible with each system.

I'm not fan of Newsstand either, but I've not experienced the problem you're having. I subscribe to two different newspapers and have no issue reading them on non Apple devices. My work computer is a PC and I read some of these newspapers each day on it.

MES-CAG

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

Thank you everyone. Love your responses because everyone of them are right, it is on me and I know that. I was just very frustrated with the whole situation and I should have thought about it before I blew off steam. I still love Apple, my whole house is apple with the exception of one computer I have to use to access work servers so I can make up missed hours of work during some medical treatments I am having. So I will recant my statement. APPLE DOES NOT SUCK, I LOVE THEM. :)

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Thank you everyone. Love your responses because everyone of them are right, it is on me and I know that. I was just very frustrated with the whole situation and I should have thought about it before I blew off steam.

I don't know if the way I have done it makes any difference, but both of my subscriptions that I read through Newsstand were not purchased through the iTunes Store. In each instance, I went to the website of the publications and purchased my subscription there. I have a log in and password for each newspaper and I can log on anywhere with any device or computer. Like I said, I'm not sure it makes a difference but in the future try purchasing the subscription on the newspaper or magazine's website and not through the iTunes Store.

MES-CAG

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

It was purchased on the magazines site and when you select the digital version it ask if for apple or android, I picked apple because I was doing it on my iPad, so I didn't choose Newsstand directly. I found out today had I purchased direct through Zinio I would be able read from both, pc or apple or from anywhere that I can log into that account. So I will wait for the subscription to finish out in Feb 2016 and read them from my iPhone or maybe I might be able to access through apple TV, I'll have to connect and see. Then if I decide to renew the subscriptions, I'll do it through Zinio.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm not fan of Newsstand either, but I've not experienced the problem you're having. I subscribe to two different newspapers and have no issue reading them on non Apple devices. My work computer is a PC and I read some of these newspapers each day on it.

Exact same thing here. I subscribe to a couple of papers that only work in newsstand but I subscribed to them through the papers themselves and not Apple.

I easily view the content on my Apple devices and through my desktop browsers.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2