How do I get My Photos Library onto my ATV and not my old iPhoto Library?

I

iMore Question

How to get My Photos Library onto my ATV and not my old iPhoto Library

I have an apple tv and can only seem to access my iPhoto Library and not my new photos library.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to get My Photos Library onto my ATV and not my old iPhoto Library

Make sure under Settings your AppleID is under the iCloud setting... then go to iCloud Photos Settings under your AppleID - enable PhotoStream and/or iCloud photo sharing as desired.

brettfrank2

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to get My Photos Library onto my ATV and not my old iPhoto Library

Thanks,

I am able to see my photo stream, this isn't the problem, I want to be able to access all of my photo Albums, faces and smart albums that i have set up in the NEW Photos app. I haven't set up iCloud Photo sharing as i have over 200gb of photos and not wanting to pay for the extra space to access my photos in my own home. I have reset my ATV to see if it would look for my Photos library, but it still just shows my iPhoto library that i haven't imported to for awhile. Do i need to delete my iPhoto library from my iMac?

brettfrank2

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I have solved this problem! You need to go in to iTunes, file, home sharing and select select photos to share with Apple TV. Then make sure in the menu you select your photos library and not your iPhone library. Work a dream now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods