Phil Schiller is full of it!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We weren't talking about the business aspect though.

Yes we are (or better put, WERE...a month ago). We are talking about Apple's decision to retain a 16GB model...you can't approach this conversation from only the standpoint of a consumer, otherwise every decision a business makes is "stupid" (as you so eloquently put it earlier). Apple leaves the 16GB model to appease the consumer looking for the cheapest entry into the market...and also, primarily, for profit reasons across the spectrum of how they make money off these things.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes we are (or better put, WERE...a month ago). We are talking about Apple's decision to retain a 16GB model...you can't approach this conversation from only the standpoint of a consumer, otherwise every decision a business makes is "stupid" (as you so eloquently put it earlier). Apple leaves the 16GB model to appease the consumer looking for the cheapest entry into the market...and also, primarily, for profit reasons across the spectrum of how they make money off these things.

Yeah, they expect Apple to provide the 32 for what the 16 cost us now because that's becoming cheaper then it used to be and used on competitive products.

So the thinking is Apple is behind in upping the flash storage. That is a valid opinion to have.

Apple has a trend of offering lower storage on their entry level tier on devices and ignores competitive pricing entirely. Expecting Apple to change is pointless.

Basically they have a great formula to get most of us to go up a tier or 2. And they make a bundle. And we love the products.

I feel bad for people that buy a 128g ssd macbook or air. That's the storage i have on my phone. That said I can get by with 16 on an ipad or phone if i have to.

A laptop that small is a different use case I guess. I bring that up to compare to a 16 phone is for a different user. An entry level one.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree. They should up the storage to a minimum of 32 especially if 4k makes its intro to the iPhone world. Yes, they are a business but we are consumers. You shouldn't have to settle for the "bait" of 16gb and then use their cloud service to compensate.

What is this crap about not wanting to charge a bigger battery because it takes longer? If you fall for that, then you are brainwashed by Apple. There are plenty of devices with bigger batteries out there that benefits from "quick charge." That is no excuse Phil!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I agree. They should up the storage to a minimum of 32 especially if 4k makes its intro to the iPhone world. Yes, they are a business but we are consumers. You shouldn't have to settle for the "bait" of 16gb and then use their cloud service to compensate.

You said it. You don't have to settle for anything. In this case, you can settle for 64GB or 128GB if you don't want to outright not buy an iPhone.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
You said it. You don't have to settle for anything. In this case, you can settle for 64GB or 128GB if you don't want to outright not buy an iPhone.
Yes, you can go 64gb or 128 for for$100 or $200 dollars more. Oh well, I guess I can settle going into best buy and picking up a 64gb microsdxc card for about $20 dollars but that's a bad deal, right?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you can go 64gb or 128 for for$100 or $200 dollars more. Oh well, I guess I can settle going into best buy and picking up a 64gb microsdxc card for about $20 dollars but that's a bad deal, right?

You don't have to settle for anything you don't want to settle for. That's the point I'm trying to get across to you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If the 16 gb is considered the "business" phone, maybe they could just bump up the other 2 to 128 and 256 gb. Just go whole hog with those 2 and leave the 16 gb for the wimps and business users. :D

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to settle for anything you don't want to settle for. That's the point I'm trying to get across to you.
I understand. I'm just trying to show the difference in value here and why one way makes more economical sense over the other. Either way options are there.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5c looked and felt cheap because it was in a plastic neon shell. Many decided when it was launched to just pay more for the iPhone 5s. It's the same thing with storage, you just feel like you're being cheap if you settle for a 16GB model.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5c looked and felt cheap because it was in a plastic neon shell. Many decided when it was launched to just pay more for the iPhone 5s. It's the same thing with storage, you just feel like you're being cheap if you settle for a 16GB model.

It's not about "feeling like you're being cheap". It's a personal choice (5C vs 5S), and many chose it because it's different and "fun". This is a totally separate discussion from the subject of this thread - storage sized and price points. The 5C felt cheap to you because that's how you saw it. Fine. It's your money and your choice.

Stop worrying about what people think and buy the device, color and storage size that suits you and meets your needs.

Of course, you can always buy a cheap feeling plastic android device and use a memory card.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox