Sharing 1 apple ID, husband can't access contacts on new phone
My husband and I share 1 apple ID between us. His old iPhone 5 broke so he upgraded to the 6 this afternoon. Everything was backed up before we went to the store however when he signed into iCloud upon getting home and attempted to retrieve his contacts all that showed up on his phone were my contacts. Can anyone help? Also, the old iPhone 5 is no longer unusable. The screen is cracked so badly that we are unable to type in the passcode to enter the phone.
- 05-30-2015, 05:23 PM #2
- 38,490 Posts
Re: Sharing 1 apple ID, husband can't access contacts on new phone
All your husband had to do was restore the backup he made with his iPhone 5. Having said that, have him go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". After the process is complete, he will be met with the welcome screen. Have him select to restore to the iPhone 6 the backup he made with the iPhone 5.
- 05-31-2015, 08:45 AM #3
- By 45rpmer in forum iTunesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-30-2015, 09:06 PM
- By ZachJepson in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 05-30-2015, 03:06 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-30-2015, 12:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-30-2015, 11:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook AirReplies: 2Last Post: 05-30-2015, 10:54 AM