[Concept]: VIZIO powered by AppleTV

birdman_38

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
In 2015, nearly all major television manufacturers are offering an advanced smart platform... Samsung (Tizen), LG (WebOS 2.0), Sony, Sharp, Phillips (Android TV), Panasonic (FirefoxOS). While it was recently revealed Apple has scrapped plans to manufacture an iTV, they still have an opportunity to enter the market by licensing their AppleTV platform. The only major manufacturer who has not adopted a platform or developed their own yet is Vizio.

There is a tremendous opportunity for the two companies to work together to bring integrated AppleTV to market. Apple can tout that Vizio is one of the fastest growing brands in the past 5 years. Vizio could licence the platform from Apple on an exclusive basis for a year or two which would garner the other manufacturers' attention.

With connected homes becoming more prevalent and IoT taking a major role, the time for a TV powered by Apple without an additional peripheral is now. Especially when other platforms are making gains.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You, Sir, may have a great idea. . . . Right now, my VIZIO TV has a horrible interface. So, maybe Apple could help them improve the user experience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Feel free to push your idea to Apple. Tim Cook is known to read and reply to customers....hint hint...;)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple has never been in the market to license their OS to other products because they prefer full control over hardware and software. I doubt this will change any time soon, if ever. Also, if they WERE to decide to venture into something like this, I highly doubt Vizio would be their end game. After all, Vizio TV's are a rebrand manufacturer (meaning they are made by different companies on the internal component level and outwardly branded as Vizio for sale in more budget friendly outlets (Walmart, Brandsmart, etc).

If Apple ever makes an actual TV interface, it will go on their own product. I mean let's face it, nobody would buy a Vizio TV that costs as much as your high end Sony's, Samsungs and Mitsubishis...and that is what would happen if Apple randomly chose them for their product installation.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73