An unlimited data plan is essential for mobile phones nowadays in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest that the mods close this thread down as having run its course. (Was probably true after the first post).

However, with this one, we know that closing a thread only causes him to open 3 or 4 more that are far worse that this one. SMH.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest that the mods close this thread down as having run its course. (Was probably true after the first post).

However, with this one, we know that closing a thread only causes him to open 3 or 4 more that are far worse that this one. SMH.

What are you talking about dude...this thread was done before he even typed it.

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Without wifi limited data plan becomes cumbersome to adapt. In Tanzania cellular internet is cheaper to wifi. With $9 you can get up to 20GB/unlimited a month or with 0.5$ you are given 1GB a day. Wifi distribution is very limited to some big offices.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Without wifi limited data plan becomes cumbersome to adapt. In Tanzania cellular internet is cheaper to wifi. With $9 you can get up to 20GB/unlimited a month or with 0.5$ you are given 1GB a day. Wifi distribution is very limited to some big offices.

That is a local issue for the locals to work out. The cost of cellular data (unlimited or otherwise) is irrelevant. You CAN eat all the data that you want. You just have to pay for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is a local issue for the locals to work out. The cost of cellular data (unlimited or otherwise) is irrelevant. You CAN eat all the data that you want. You just have to pay for it.

Exactly!....and somehow some people appear to think that we are defending carriers who do not offer unlimited plans or that we somehow are not in favor of having unlimited data plans. Neither is the case. We are simply saying that having an unlimited data plan isn't essential. In other words, it is NOT a necessity and users can get by without it. Those who are participating in this thread who are not on an unlimited data are proof of it. In summary, we ARE NOT against unlimited data plans. #smh...We dispute the OP's claim that unlimited data plans are essential. Period.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Exactly!....and somehow some people appear to think that we are defending carriers who do not offer unlimited plans or that we somehow are not in favor of having unlimited data plans. Neither is the case. We are simply saying that having an unlimited data plan isn't essential. In other words, it is NOT a necessity and users can get by without it. Those who are participating in this thread who are not on an unlimited data are proof of it. In summary, we ARE NOT against unlimited data plans. #smh...We dispute the OP's claim that unlimited data plans are essential. Period.

When his phone breathes, he wants bytes to flow in freely without a wi-fi connection ergo the correlation between unlimited data and oxygen. Doesn't get the point that all air is not oxygen:)

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

a lot of people buy some certain mobile phone from some certain mobile boardband company because those can gives unlimited data plan

see what u can do with your ?800 iPhone or s6 or 100dollar month iPhone 6 and end up u have to search for wifi and pency that little monthly 4GB data , can't even enjoy movie or YouTube videos without worries !

unlimited data plan boost phone sale , people buy it and use internet all the long , even grandma want to buy an iPhone and watch soap in the park !
everybody buy an iPhone if iPhone has unlimited data plan

unlimited data plan boost phone sale

image.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
a lot of people buy some certain mobile phone from some certain mobile boardband company because those can gives unlimited data plan

see what u can do with your ?800 iPhone or s6 or 100dollar month iPhone 6 and end up u have to search for wifi and pency that little monthly 4GB data , can't even enjoy movie or YouTube videos without worries !

unlimited data plan boost phone sale , people buy it and use internet all the long , even grandma want to buy an iPhone and watch soap in the park !
everybody buy an iPhone if iPhone has unlimited data plan

unlimited data plan boost phone sale

View attachment 82910

Dude, let me help you out. Each time you reply in "this" thread, any hopes of it being rational fades away. If you prefer that everyone have an unlimited data plan, then say that. I doubt anyone will dispute it, however, if you make broad statements like you did with this thread and present them as facts when they clearly are not, then you're going to be called out on it. Having said that, instead of getting offended and deliberately posting gibberish like you've done in your past few posts, take some time to reflect and learn from your mistakes so that you can be better prepared with your next thread and possibly enjoy an engaging conversation. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Last edited:

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Dude, let me help you out. Each time you reply in "this" thread, any hopes of it being rational fades away. If you prefer that everyone have an unlimited data plan, then say that. I doubt anyone will dispute it, however, if you make broad statements and like you did with this thread and present them as facts when they clearly are not, then you're going to be called out on it. Having said that, instead of getting offended and deliberately posting gibberish like you've done in your past few posts, take some time to reflect and learn from your mistakes so that you can be better prepared with your next thread and possibly enjoy an engaging conversation. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

unlimited data plan DO boost phone sale , it is a fact

and everybody do wants unlimited data plan

unlimited data plan DO boost phone sale , see how happy and free u american are back a few years ago when u still have unlimited data plan

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
@Greek Geek, Care to comment on this?
WOW, you guys really have been busy while I was away! lol. (Not sure whether to play mediator and just say shake hands gentlemen, or whether just to diplomatically ask if pleading the 5th is an option?) lol.
(please don't take that as a dig btw, I just mean that sometimes when things get this heated, it's often safer to kinda not get involved, if you know what i mean. -I'm sure that at times like this you must wish you had that option, and I appreciate how hard it must be for any moderator who kinda has no choice but to get caught up in it all at times like this)

@gfederline9, while I appreciate that you might have thought you were defending me, and I might even agree with the odd point or two that got buried under all the ranting and raving, I'm not convinced that it was such a helpful way to go about making them. (I feel I should also now clarify that the parts I am referring to here as being the ones that I agreed with, were just the parts about wanting unlimited data, and how not all countries in the world have such high data plans available to us yet even if we pay for them). Had you not gotten so carried away with yourself, we could have actually had a meaningful discussion about this, which would have been helpful. But the rest of what you wrote just kinda came off as (well, how do I say this without offending anyone myself, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from).

So to sum up:
Meaningful discussion like adults = Progress. (for anything like that, I'm in)
Ranting and raving even the most valid of points = People just kinda switch off to anything anyone has to say after that.

(okay, I'm now officially a hypocrite, as admittedly all that in itself was a bit of a rant!) lol. But see how easy it is for even the most well intentioned of comments to get way out of hand? (and trust me, I was holding back!) But I do think all that stuff you were saying about "giving us military police position" was kinda uncalled for, and kinda made me wanna apologize to Just_Me_D on your behalf. Seriously, I have no beef with him, and please remember that he's just trying to do his job of Moderating by ensuring that opinionated statements are not portrayed as general facts, so I don't feel that he was out of line for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2