An unlimited data plan is essential for mobile phones nowadays in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
unlimited data plan is essential for mobile phone nowadays 2015

how many mobile boardband in America and Canada gives unlimited mobile data plan ?

there is only 2 in UK gives unlimited data plan

-unlimited data plan is essential for mobile phone nowadays , seriously who would buy a ?700 (1400usd) iPhone 6plus or ?700 Galaxy s6 that end up you only have 3 GB data plan and can't even browse Internet or watch video on your ?700 phone without worries about the limit

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's called having and using self discipline... Only use data connection intensive apps when on wifi... Not difficult to do at all.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
20GB is more than enough for three of us. We use WiFi to our advantage and if we want to watch movies or listen to music on the go we download them. Easy peasy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, it isn't, especially since a majority of smartphone users are on a tiered plan and using an amount of data within their allotment.

how many mobile boardband in America and Canada gives unlimited mobile data plan ?
I don't know. Having said that, I'm still grandfathered in with AT&T's unlimited data plan.

Okay

-unlimited data plan is essential for mobile phone nowadays , seriously who would buy a ?700 (1400usd) iPhone 6plus or ?700 Galaxy s6 that end up you only have 3 GB data plan and can't even browse Internet or watch video on your ?700 phone without worries about the limit
First of all, not everybody is forking over the full amount upfront, and with Wi-Fi being darn near everywhere, many customers have learned to take control of the data usage by taking advantage of available Wi-Fi. That in and of itself is proof that an unlimited data plan isn't "essential" like you are claiming.

MobileMadness002

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
FYI, Eastlink, Rogers, Telus and Bell (which all Canadian carriers, do NOT offer an unlkimited plan) If you are taking notes or making a spread sheet.............

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

https://youtu.be/OzXPWZ0HKts

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
No, it isn't, especially since a majority of smartphone users are on a tiered plan and using an amount of data within their allotment.

I don't know. Having said that, I'm still grandfathered in with AT&T's unlimited data plan.

Okay

First of all, not everybody is forking over the full amount upfront, and with Wi-Fi being darn near everywhere, many customers have learned to take control of the data usage by taking advantage of available Wi-Fi. That in and of itself is proof that an unlimited data plan isn't "essential" like you are claiming.

if u use your 1500 usd iPhone or galaxy note /s6 for wifi , why don't u get an laptop / Mac

by the way there is not many wifi spot in UK , and those place do provide wifi is bad wifi , it's slow and laggy and restrictive

unlimited data is essential , browsing Internet is the most important thing in smartphone nowadays !

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
It's called having and using self discipline... Only use data connection intensive apps when on wifi... Not difficult to do at all.

the most important thing on smartphone 2015 is Internet , browsing Internet , if u rely on wifi and have limited internet data , why don't u buy a macbook laptop instead of another expensive mobile phone that have a 5inch screen for browsing web or anything Internet

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
mother most important thing on smartphone 2015 is Internet , browsing Internet , if u rely on wifi and have limited internet data , why don't u buy a macbook laptop instead of another expensive mobile phone that have a 5inch screen for browsing web or anything Internet

father i have 6 plus and macbook pro browse on all of them

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

if u use your 1500 usd iPhone or galaxy note /s6 for wifi , why don't u get an laptop / Mac
My iPhone 6 Plus did not cost me $1,500. It was half that price.

by the way there is not many wifi spot in UK , and those place do provide wifi is bad wifi , it's slow and laggy and restrictive
Nowhere in the thread title did it state that you were in the UK or that you were referring to unlimited data being essential in the UK.

unlimited data is essential , browsing Internet is the most important thing in smartphone nowadays !
Let me help you out. An unlimited data plan is essential to "you" and Internet browsing is most important nowadays to "you". My kids are most important to "me".

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
father i have 6 plus and macbook pro browse on all of them

iphone auto correct my word , i didn't do siht

i told u the iPhone auto correct is a bad

- i was playing online game just now , i play multi player , i win and i get promoted to the next division !
i turn around and use my iPhone read the imore comment , and quick type to reply , and they auto correct my word ,

" iPhone word auto correction will bury 10 feet under ground "

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Condescending snark is unnecessary... See post 10 in the thread...says it best.

back to the topic , if u use your 6 plus or s6 just to use wifi goes online , and using that limited 3GB when u are out having no wifi ,

then why don't u use a laptop macbook only ? whats the point of having a 1500 usd iPhone when u only have 3GB of data , and the rest of your time is on wifi ?

you use wifi on macbook anyway , why buy an iPhone , man that is a 1500 but device , costing you 50 bucks a monthly cost , thats not a 100bucts stuff , so u buy a 1500 bucks stuff just to use wifi most of the time like a laptop macbook and plus using that limited 3GB data ? or even 10GB data a month ?

- iphone is meant to browse internet everywhere like using a computer , unlimited data is essential and better for our life .

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
back to the topic , if u use your 6 plus or s6 just to use wifi goes online , and using that limited 3GB when u are out having no wifi ,

then why don't u use a laptop macbook only ? whats the point of having a 1500 usd iPhone when u only have 3GB of data , and the rest of your time is on wifi ?

you use wifi on macbook anyway , why buy an iPhone , man that is a 1500 but device , costing you 50 bucks a monthly cost , thats not a 100bucts stuff , so u buy a 1500 bucks stuff just to use wifi most of the time like a laptop macbook and plus using that limited 3GB data ? or even 10GB data a month ?

- iphone is meant to browse internet everywhere like using a computer , unlimited data is essential and better for our life .

Congratulations. I don't block people on iMore forums. But I just can't take your drivel any more. You rant and carry on in ways that cannot be understood or comprehended. Buh-bye now. You've earned it.

Please go home, your a village in search of its ... ah, well, never mind.

Last edited:

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
This guys post was a little misleading but I find it surprising how many people disagree. So you guys are saying you wouldn't WELCOME unlimited data back? Sure it's about discipline but I didn't buy my phone to learn the discipline I bought my phone so I could use apps and stream stuff as it was intended. (lol)

I am currently deployed but for pre-mob I was stuck in Fort Hood Texas with NO wifi to speak of. I ended up upgrading my data plan like 3 times b/c I was not about to be stuck in a barracks all day with no internet... It made me ponder upon how much better things USED to be when we had unlimited data. We have just recently learned to manage our data and stay within our little measly data plans not b/c we want to but because we HAD to.

And I just don't feel it should be that way. I've been paying good money for cellular services since I was 16 (I'm now 32) and I feel I shouldn't have to discipline myself to 6 gigs and wait til I get home to watch a YouTube video b/c carriers want to drain me dry for overages. And since the introduction of LTE anything less than 8 gigs minimum for me is childs play. Sorry rant over. :)

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
This guys post was a little misleading but I find it surprising how many people disagree. So you guys are saying you wouldn't WELCOME unlimited data back?
Read some of the OP's other threads/posts.

.... It made me ponder upon how much better things USED to be when we had unlimited data.
When most "unlimited" plans originally came out, phones could not do most of the things that they can do now. And did not use anywhere near the amount of data they can use now.

I've been paying good money for cellular services since I was 16 (I'm now 32)
And you've (presumably) been getting and USING those services the entire time, as well.

and I feel I shouldn't have to discipline myself to 6 gigs ...
And you don't have to "discipline yourself to 6 gigs". You can get any amount of data you want ... just pay for it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This guys post was a little misleading but I find it surprising how many people disagree. So you guys are saying you wouldn't WELCOME unlimited data back? Sure it's about discipline but I didn't buy my phone to learn the discipline I bought my phone so I could use apps and stream stuff as it was intended. (lol)
Are you not able to use your apps and stream stuff? How does not having an unlimited data plan prevent you from using your apps and streaming stuff? It doesn't. You can do it as long as you like, but you're going to have to pay more if you go over your allotted limit.

I am currently deployed but for pre-mob I was stuck in Fort Hood Texas with NO wifi to speak of. I ended up upgrading my data plan like 3 times b/c I was not about to be stuck in a barracks all day with no internet... It made me ponder upon how much better things USED to be when we had unlimited data. We have just recently learned to manage our data and stay within our little measly data plans not b/c we want to but because we HAD to.
What you're describing is a temporary inconvenience and nothing more. it does not prove that an unlimited data plan is "essential", and you know it.

And I just don't feel it should be that way. I've been paying good money for cellular services since I was 16 (I'm now 32) and I feel I shouldn't have to discipline myself to 6 gigs and wait til I get home to watch a YouTube video b/c carriers want to drain me dry for overages. And since the introduction of LTE anything less than 8 gigs minimum for me is childs play. Sorry rant over. :)
Do you not discipline yourself to save some money to pay your bills instead of spending it foolishly? Do you not discipline yourself to act in accordance with Army regulations? If you feel you shouldn't have to discipline yourself in regard to using cellular data, build your own cellular data network and use it for as long as you'd like. Alternatively, you can sign up for Sprint's, T-mobile's and a few others who may still offer it.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
While I think eliminating truly unlimited data is a huge mistake if it happens, I currently go through roughly 4gb a month. I have a 3gb data plan and am currently using my free 10gb data vault. After I run out of that data, I am most likely going to have to upgrade to 5gb of data.

I really do miss my $30/mo completely unlimited data plan, however with wifi in so many places I should not be going through as much data as I am. I think I need to evaluate where all of my data is being used and see what are the data hog apps because I am on wifi 75% of the time and there is no way I am using so much data when I am only on LTE 25% of the month.

Most carriers in the U.S. have either eliminated unlimited data, or cap it at a certain point. A lot of people are still grandfathered into theirs, but when I was a poor college student I made the choice to save money over keeping that data. Not a smart decision on my part.

I know T-Mobile is offering an unlimited data plan again, but I have yet to look into if it caps your data at a certain point or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to think unlimited data was necessary, too. The reality: I now have a 15 GB plan (for 3 iPhones) and we never use all of the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.