waiting for an quad core iPhone with 3GB ram

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
You might be waiting for a long time.

i feel like a quad core iPhone with 3 GB ram is a phone that can last for 5 years or even , 10 years

i m using iPhone 5s

i have iphone 4 on my work table , i kept it , iPhone 4 keep rebooting and lag sometimes , i m going to apple store to fix the rebooting problem
i think it have something to do with the 1 core and 512mb ram , ( i remember back in 2012, 2013 ,jan 2014 the iPhone 4 is very quick , some how mid 2014 onwards it get slow , now it getting even worst ,rebooting !!!!!!!! )

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
There are a few non-iPhone smartphones available with multicore CPU and 3GB RAM - if those hardware specifications are important to you more than the mobile OS.

While there are probably quite a few iPhone 4's in service worldwide, I think their now "aging" specifications coupled with more demanding (for older hardware) current iOS software can create some lag.

iPhone 4 was released in June, 2010; which is nearly five years ago. I think if your iPhone 4 has lasted around five years, thats quite good. https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2010/06/07Apple-Presents-iPhone-4/#mn_p

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone is smooth and fast, much more fluid than many octa or quad core Androids. I am fine with dual core for now. The RAM would be nice, at least 2 GB. After having an iPad Air 2, I appreciate having double the RAM. Web pages don't refresh every time you leave focus and go back. It is much better.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Unnecessary at this point in time, and will only serve to increase the cost of the phone. By the time those specs become a requirement, other parts of the phone, or even the architecture of the CPU will be completely out of date. There is almost never a good reason to buy a computer that you expect to still be competitive in 5-10 years. Technology just moves way too fast.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Unnecessary at this point in time, and will only serve to increase the cost of the phone. By the time those specs become a requirement, other parts of the phone, or even the architecture of the CPU will be completely out of date. There is almost never a good reason to buy a computer that you expect to still be competitive in 5-10 years. Technology just moves way too fast.

I agree with your statement: "Technology just moves way too fast." This is particularity true when it comes to mobile devices.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
waiting for an quad core iPhone with 3 GB ram

would pay 1800 american dollar for 1

I wouldn't!, I would pay $600, and it's available now ...
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...5_0i0U7wT0aAj5P8P8HAQ&hl=en-US&token=1lnuB_43
nexus-6-product-photo.jpg
I understand that this is truly Apples to oranges, but after spending 2 weeks with the Nexus 6 I can verify that at the end of the day the better specs didn't really improve the end results one single bit.
Another thing to ponder would be the fact that Apple employs some of the worlds best engineers to implement Jony Ives vision. Does anyone really think that none of these people thought to mention hey what if we used quad core processors and 3GB's of Ram if it was necessary ?

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

can they just make a cpu that can last 5 years , I can't see any different between iPhone 4 homescreen and iPhone 6 homescreen , it the same , but iPhone 4 is much slower and lag

* anyway if on 2015 iPhone need 2 cores and 1 GB ram and still very fast and smooth
on 2015 Samsung note 4 , s6 need 8 cores and 3 GB ram to run " smooth " yet still have lag sometimes

I can't imagine let say on 2022 iPhone need 4 cores and 3 GB ram to run fast and smooth
at the same time on 2022 samsung android phone probably need 18 cores and 6 GB ram to run fast and smooth , probably still lag a bit lololol

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I feel the iPhone 6 series processor is more then adequate, I find the device is smooth and fluid for most of the applications I use.

Although I am not a gamer, I do know some folks who play a lot of games on their iPhone 6 and 6+ and I haven't heard any real complaints.

I still think the success behind the iPhone has been the ability of the folks at Apple to implement small changes and keep the OS simple and easy to use while continuing to improving on the design and processor speed.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I feel the iPhone 6 series processor is more then adequate, I find the device is smooth and fluid for most of the applications I use.

Although I am not a gamer, I do know some folks who play a lot of games on their iPhone 6 and 6+ and I haven't heard any real complaints.

I still think the success behind the iPhone has been the ability of the folks at Apple to implement small changes and keep the OS simple and easy to use while continuing to improving on the design and processor speed.

i always think and know that iPhone is the best smart phone , this post it about how long a iPhone can last , for example a 1 core , 500gb ram iPhone 4 from 2010 get very slow and lag and freeze in 2015 , so i guess a 2 cores , 1 gb ram iPhone 5s can only last 3 years ,

i hope apple can make a 4 cores or even 8 cores iPhone with 4 gb ram that can last 5 or even 10 years lol

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 is going on 3 years old and still runs great. With the optimizations anticipated with iOS 9, it can probably go 5 years for the average user. I guess it depends on what your usage case is, but I think most average users can get by just fine without the massive specs you're referring to.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I really can't see any reason why anyone need that much processing power on an iPhone. Literally everything is optimized for the iPhone to run smoothly with the hardware. Right now, no phone is capable of performing any task that requires that much processing power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I really can't see any reason why anyone need that much processing power on an iPhone. Literally everything is optimized for the iPhone to run smoothly with the hardware. Right now, no phone is capable of performing any task that requires that much processing power.

why android phone (for example galaxy s6 note 4 ,HTC, some chinese , indian phone , ) need 8 cores and 3 GB ram

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
why android phone (for example galaxy s6 note 4 ,HTC, some chinese , indian phone , ) need 8 cores and 3 GB ram

To say they have it, no other reason. They want to say they have better specs than iPhone. They are not capable of doing anything that requires it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You can cores and ram for days but you need a great battery to power it all efficiently.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
To say they have it, no other reason. They want to say they have better specs than iPhone. They are not capable of doing anything that requires it.

how much a ram cost , how much 1 core in snapdragon cost for the manufacturer ,

and how much they sell that 3GB ram and 8 cores for

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
how much a ram cost , how much 1 core in snapdragon cost for the manufacturer ,

and how much they sell that 3GB ram and 8 cores for

Cost isn't the issue, necessity is. Apple could easily put them in an iPhone and sell it for $100 more per model. But they don't need it. No phone needs it right now. You literally cannot run enough processes on your phone to require that much power. Until then, Apple won't be putting it in their phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711