How can I use my iPhone to share an internet connection with my iPad via a USB cable?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to gives internet data from my iPhone 5s to iPad with lighting to usb cable

I'm *not sure* if you can.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to gives internet data from my iPhone 5s to iPad with lighting to usb cable

my data plan allows it , I can do it with my MacBook when I connect my iPhone with MacBook Air with lighting to usb cable

But how to do it with iPhone and iPad ? there is a lighting pot on iPhone 5s and a lighting pot on the iPad , how to connect them 2 together

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

my data plan allows it , I can do it with my MacBook when I connect my iPhone with MacBook Air with lighting to usb cable

But how to do it with iPhone and iPad ? there is a lighting pot on iPhone 5s and a lighting pot on the iPad , how to connect them 2 together

Create a hotspot on your phone, then connect your iPad to the wifi network that you created with the hotspot. No need for cables.

Not sure why you are bent on using cables. Not even sure it's possible with cables.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

At long as your cellphone data plan allows it. AT&T Unlimited does not. Some do, some do not.

Create a hotspot on your phone, then connect your iPad to the wifi network that you created with the hotspot. No need for cables.

Not sure why you are bent on using cables. Not even sure it's possible with cables.

cable gives the best connection , my iPhone 5s LTE is way quicker then wifi , play online multiplayer first person shooting game with only 59ping ON CABLE on my macbook air,
but lag like hell on wifi personal hotspot

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

What you're trying to do will not work. You cannot tether the two devices together via cable to share an internet connection - at least not that I'm aware of.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

What you're trying to do will not work. You cannot tether the two devices together via cable to share an internet connection - at least not that I'm aware of.

but I can tether my iPhone 5s with MacBook Air with lighting usb cable

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

but I can tether my iPhone 5s with MacBook Air with lighting usb cable

It doesn't matter. You cannot tether iOS devices together for hotspot purposes via a cable, but you can do so wirelessly. Either do it wirelessly or use your MBA.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Hey, wall? can you hear me?

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

No. It is not physically possible. You must use wifi to share an iPhone's cellular Internet connection with iPads.

apple really have to make iPad able to tether iPhone internet data , iPad is perfect for movies , online gaming , and we need extremely good internet connection to achieve that , which CABLE tethering is the best in this case , better then wifi .

ipad is a god design , but apple makes it cannot cable tether internet data .

NO WONDER IPAD SALES DROP

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

apple really have to make iPad able to tether iPhone internet data , iPad is perfect for movies , online gaming , and we need extremely good internet connection to achieve that , which CABLE tethering is the best in this case , better then wifi .

You could not be more wrong.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Absolutely zero.

The hotspot connection you'll get wirelessly will be nearly identical to the connection you'd get via a cable (I know, I've tested it both ways with my MBP using the hotspot connection and USB connection). The ONLY reason you'd want to use a USB connection is to keep the iPhone charging while also sharing internet (and you could just plug the iPhone into the wall to do that with the iPad).

Using the hotspot feature on the iPad is a perfectly efficient way to share internet between the two devices. There is absolutely no reason why you'd use a cord to do this unless the iPad wasn't capable of connecting because of an issue with it's antenna.

Also, iPad sales are not effected what so ever by what you are talking about...iPad sales are being cannibalized by the iPhone 6 Plus and the recently released Macbook.

Is it possible for you to actually stop posting non-sense?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Absolutely zero.

Is it possible for you to actually stop posting non-sense?

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

I know why don't you trade in your iPad for one that has a cellular radio in it, or better yet fix your damn wi-fi connection. My Comcast connection of 125mb down / 12mb up still crushes my LTE connection ... Just saying ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox