How can I use my iPhone to share an internet connection with my iPad via a USB cable?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to gives internet data from my iPhone 5s to iPad with lighting to usb cable

try play online multiplayer first person shooting with iPhone wifi tether to MacBook Air see how slow it is compare to cable wires tether

As Not Quite Right suggested, an LTE iPad would solve your perceived issues. And again, what you want to do is NOT possible.

So, stop. Just. Stop.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to gives internet data from my iPhone 5s to iPad with lighting to usb cable

Do you have a WiFi router that is connected to the cable modem? If yes, then connect the iPad to the WiFi router and you should be good. Keep in mind that if your iPad is older, it may not have 5GhZ capability, so the internal WiFi network speed between the iPad and WiFi router would be a 2.4GhZ.

If your MacBook is connecting to the cable modem at 1Gbps, then its connection may likely be faster than your WiFi, or what the 5S hotspot can provide.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

What first person shooter are you playing online with your iPad?

MacBook Air : i play online multiplayer first person shooting game : contract war .
on MacBook Air 2015 version , Cable tethering from my iPhone 5s LTE ( I only got 59 ping , faster then hell)

iPad : I play Fifa 15 ultimate team on iPad , personal hotspot tether though wifi from my iPhone 5s
since it tethering though personal hotspot wifi , it lag

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Do you have a WiFi router that is connected to the cable modem? If yes, then connect the iPad to the WiFi router and you should be good. Keep in mind that if your iPad is older, it may not have 5GhZ capability, so the internal WiFi network speed between the iPad and WiFi router would be a 2.4GhZ.

If your MacBook is connecting to the cable modem at 1Gbps, then its connection may likely be faster than your WiFi, or what the 5S hotspot can provide.

wifi is too slow for online multiplayer first person shooting games , I used to work in a Internet cafe , they use Ethernet cable connect Internet to computer , customer play call of duty , counter strike in the shop with less then nearly no ping at all

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

wifi is too slow for online multiplayer first person shooting games , I used to work in a Internet cafe , they use Ethernet cable connect Internet to computer , customer play call of duty , counter strike in the shop with less then nearly no ping at all

What you want to do is NOT possible. Only Apple can change this. My suggestion would be to provide feedback to them:
[URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p]Apple - Feedback[/URL]

Good luck. But this horse has been dead for several days now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

MacBook Air : i play online multiplayer first person shooting game : contract war .
on MacBook Air 2015 version , Cable tethering from my iPhone 5s LTE ( I only got 59 ping , faster then hell)

iPad : I play Fifa 15 ultimate team on iPad , personal hotspot tether though wifi from my iPhone 5s
since it tethering though personal hotspot wifi , it lag

The Macbook Air game is irrelevant...I didn't ask you about that.

FIFA 15 Ultimate Team on iPad does not have online multiplayer.

So maybe you can clarify why, exactly, you're complaining about your iPad tethered to your iPhone vs. directly connected, since you're not playing anything on the iPad that would require a connection of that type.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

You can only accomplish this feat while the devices are under heavy rain.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

The Macbook Air game is irrelevant...I didn't ask you about that.

FIFA 15 Ultimate Team on iPad does not have online multiplayer.

So maybe you can clarify why, exactly, you're complaining about your iPad tethered to your iPhone vs. directly connected, since you're not playing anything on the iPad that would require a connection of that type.

Fifa 15 ultimate team do have online versus game mode

go check it up

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Fifa 15 ultimate team do have online versus game mode

go check it up

FIFA 2015 was showing up as a different game than "Ultimate Team" (which wasn't showing any online MP function), upon further research though, it does seem that they are one in the same, and do offer online MP.

My apologies for that.

Regarding your connection issue though, tethering your iPhone is going to yield almost identical connection specs as using the hotspot function, so I don't know what to tell you. I just did a quick check on my computer with speetest and DL/UL speed were almost identical and the ping was within 5ms, which is not enough to notice ANY change during gameplay. Both options offered optimal online multiplayer speeds and connection consistency.

I even tried it on my Xbox One just for the hell of it, and it worked perfectly as a hot spot connection...played a few rounds of Halo: MCC, which is a network resource HOG, and it was playing seamlessly.

Bottom line, you haven't a clue what you're complaining about.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR