Apple and Blackberry, as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
BB doesn't get it. Folks want good looking devices. iPhone, Galaxy, HTC and others.
I just checked out the BB Leap it has no flavor. The Passport looks like a Pop-Tart. BB devices have no flavor and platform has no apps.

I'm tired of hearing that argument that business can't be done on a iPhone or anything else. For my business the iPhone is key to a smooth operation. If I had to use a BB I'd pull my hair out and I'm bald.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BB doesn't work for you. That's cool. Everyone has a different use case.
Nice 5 string bass, you play keys too?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why? I guess you just refuse to see the facts. Explain why you think I'm delusional please.

Oh I did, you just seem to have ignored it...not surprising really. Blackberry doesn't survive without investors...investors are terrified to invest in Blackberry. Blackberry WILL be sold eventually (after this existing board realizes what the last one did and they stop pretending government accounts will maintain Blackberry on it's own).

Also, your idea that Blackberry is the ONLY legitimate option in mobile security is hilarious.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The problem with design was a speed bump they ignored almost a decade ago...that ship has long sailed and left Blackberry behind.

The biggest issue Blackberry faces today, and the one that will ultimately lead Blackberry to being sold, in my opinion, is the fear investors have in the company itself. Investors view BB as a lame duck...and they've been advising a sale since 2012 (when Google first threw an offer out, then again in January when Samsung did the same...both times Blackberry turned the sale down because they felt they could achieve a monumental comeback).

Eventually, investors are going to start jumping ship all together, driving the stock price down even more than it has already...then the company will sell for peanuts because the board at Blackberry has this magical idea that the way to fix their sinking ship is to focus on only a portion of the holes in the hull...all the while, some of the largest holes are ignored (AKA: The consumer market), and the water keeps flooding in, while these BB heroes stand proudly at the holes they focused on (Enterprise), ignoring that the ship is still very much sinking (even quicker now).

Personally, I've always thought that Microsoft was the most attractive potential buyer because A.) Their own devices haven't found immense success on the market in either quadrant, and B.) Windows is to corporate and government computing what Blackberry has been to mobile devices in said circles. It'd make sense that Microsoft, in an effort to continue (and grow) their relationships with the government and corporate America, would buy the company that focuses on the same in the smart phone market (which Microsoft has never cornered anything in).

We'll see.

Interesting thoughts. I think it would have been more valid approx. 2 years ago, but I get what you're saying. I think things have changed though, and for the better.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Oh I did, you just seem to have ignored it...not surprising really. Blackberry doesn't survive without investors...investors are terrified to invest in Blackberry. Blackberry WILL be sold eventually (after this existing board realizes what the last one did and they stop pretending government accounts will maintain Blackberry on it's own).

Also, your idea that Blackberry is the ONLY legitimate option in mobile security is hilarious.

Dang it... I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Competition and choice is GOOD!
Everybody needs more choice. It ends up making ALL the products better!
Oh, and...
108 year-old investor Irving Kahn increases BlackBerry stake - Cantech Letter

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you can't see the benefits of Apple buying BlackBerry, then maybe... Hmmm...
I can see the benefits... It would be for patents as has been noted numerous times above...it ain't for blinky lights, physical keyboards, or the hot mess that is the Hub... which has a thread all it's own...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is how the Quasimodo performs. That's HDR.
Yah........that's on a "flagship" BlackBerry.
That is an unusable pic. Got a few of those.
Processed bovine feed.
uploadfromtaptalk1431623046525.jpg

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dang it... I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Competition and choice is GOOD!
Everybody needs more choice. It ends up making ALL the products better!
Oh, and...
108 year-old investor Irving Kahn increases BlackBerry stake - Cantech Letter

You're joking right? Did you not see the response i made directly to YOU stating the same thing about competition? Let's try and keep up here man, otherwise it'll become really redundant having to remind you that I said the same EXACT thing you just said myself, lol.

As far as the link you posted...it would behoove you to actually go read it, and look at the date it was posted.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is one I thought was good until I looked closer. Subjects were not moving.
uploadfromtaptalk1431623593749.jpg

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can see the benefits... It would be for patents as has been noted numerous times above...it ain't for blinky lights, physical keyboards, or the hot mess that is the Hub... which has a thread all it's own...

I understand that you see no benefit in anything BB has, says, or does. Your dislike for the three things you picked on are merely subjective. Others find them useful.
That's OK, right?

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You're joking right? Did you not see the response i made directly to YOU stating the same thing about competition? Let's try and keep up here man, otherwise it'll become really redundant having to remind you that I said the same EXACT thing you just said myself, lol.

As far as the link you posted...it would behoove you to actually go read it, and look at the date it was posted.

Lol! That date! You're right, I can admit when I'm wrong, sorry.
And I also apologize if I missed you saying the same thing. Getting a little busy in here, but that's not really an excuse.:yes:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I understand that you see no benefit in anything BB has, says, or does. Your dislike for the three things you picked on are merely subjective. Others find them useful.
That's OK, right?

Why did you just ignore the content of his post simply to take a passive aggressive pot shot? Do you truly think Apple wants to buy Blackberry to bring hardware features over? lol...please tell me you don't honestly think that. Blackberry has some incredible patents that they've cataloged for the last 15 or so years...Apple would love to have those. NOTHING else matters in this hypothetical relationship, because Blackberry has nothing outside of what's in those patents to improve what Apple already leads the market with.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol! That date! You're right, I can admit when I'm wrong, sorry.
And I also apologize if I missed you saying the same thing. Getting a little busy in here, but that's not really an excuse.:yes:

Busy? Nowhere near to what I was subjected to at CB. But then again this is an Apple fansite. Just like I was repeatedly told at CB that I was in a BlackBerry fansite.

Don't like the tables turned, eh? And by the way, nobody here has insulted you personally which is what was allowed at CB where I was concerned.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why did you just ignore the content of his post simply to take a passive aggressive pot shot? Do you truly think Apple wants to buy Blackberry to bring hardware features over? lol...please tell me you don't honestly think that. Blackberry has some incredible patents that they've cataloged for the last 15 or so years...Apple would love to have those. NOTHING else matters in this hypothetical relationship, because Blackberry has nothing outside of what's in those patents to improve what Apple already leads the market with.
I am seriously NOT trying to take pot shots at anyone here. But I also believe that Apple would benefit from QNX, BES, making a phone that cannot be rooted or jailbroken, and some features. Not just patents.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member