How do I find my file extensions / file type in "Photo"
I have just converted from a PC to a Macbook and it is driving me crazy! I am sure I will get used to it but it is SO different to windows. I have lots of Raw files and they are all bunched up together with my JPG files so I don't know which is which. When I select view / metadata, nothing happens. I want to have a cleanup but don't want to delete the wrong files. HELP!
- 05-11-2015, 07:27 AM #2
- 05-11-2015, 07:28 AM #3iMore Specialist
- 936 Posts
Re: How do I find my file extensions / file type in "Photo"
Haven't used Photos enough yet to give you a reliable answer from within the program, but you can view the actual files themselves in the filesystem if you want to. If you open Finder and navigate to the Pictures (photos?) folder, there should be a package called "Photos Library". Right click it and choose "View package contents". This will show you the whole folder structure of your Photos library. Your original photos are in the "Masters" sub-folder.
- By SharonVonGinger in forum MacBook ProReplies: 3Last Post: 05-11-2015, 08:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2015, 07:29 AM
- By ferrangi13 in forum iCloudReplies: 3Last Post: 05-10-2015, 09:51 PM
- By tvym in forum Apple Watch AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-10-2015, 09:33 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-10-2015, 08:36 PM