Are there any cloud-based alternatives to iCloud to store my photos?

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I try to keep my free 5 gb in iCloud for my current phone back up. For storage of photos, videos, gifs, png images, Documents, and notes, I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. The larger videos go in Dropbox because there's no file size limit. Between the 3, I have 83 gb of storage. That will last me a long time. And then there's Google Drive which I have but don't yet use. I don't know much about Flickr. [ Goes to Google Flickr]

how did you save note on one drive ,
so you make a file in one drive called : notes
and then add "notes " under that file ?

can u explain ?
thank you

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
1. By using Microsoft OneNote, which is free for Windows, OS X, Windows Phone, iOS, Android, and Web @ Outlook.com

2. You don't, you create Notebooks in OneNote.

3. See #2. You then Create Section Groups, Sections, Pages, etc. in those Notebooks for your Notes.

To the person above regarding File Limitations. The only File Limitation worth considering with Flickr is the Video Limit. 3 Minutes @ 1080p resolution. Flickr is, at heart, a Photography services, not a YouTube or DailyMotion replacement ;-)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I do that in Box. I create the note in the Box app. It's a Box feature I like and use.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431281773.200810.jpg

You can also save Notes from the Notes app to Dropbox.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431281811.851544.jpg

OneDrive has their OneNote app.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I do that in Box. I create the note in the Box app. It's a Box feature I like and use.
View attachment 81291

You can also save Notes from the Notes app to Dropbox.
View attachment 81292

OneDrive has their OneNote app.

Apple really need to make an app , icloud app !

a iCloud app is like , google drive ,drop box , box , one drive , which you can access all cloud saved stuff all in one !!!!!!!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple really need to make an app , icloud app !

a iCloud app is like , google drive ,drop box , box , one drive , which you can access all cloud saved stuff all in one !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they do. But the problem I have with iCloud Photo Library or an app is they will use your free 5 gb of storage that I use to back up what is currently on my phone. If I back up and use iCloud Photo Library or their app, I would need to buy more storage from Apple. That's what they hope you'll do. The way it is, I have 83 gb of free storage with another 15 gb with Google Drive. I'm a tightwad. :)

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, they do. But the problem I have with iCloud Photo Library or an app is they will use your free 5 gb of storage that I use to back up what is currently on my phone. If I back up and use iCloud Photo Library or their app, I would need to buy more storage from Apple. That's what they hope you'll do. The way it is, I have 83 gb of free storage with another 15 gb with Google Drive. I'm a tightwad. :)

yes but even before iCloud Photo Library exist , you would still use up the 5GB iCloud back up pretty quick ,

iCloud Photo Library won't duplicate your photo with iCloud back up ,
so if you have 1000 photo and back up using only iCloud
or if you have the same 1000 photos and back up using both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud back up
they would use up the same amount of storage ,

indeed , I found out if you use iCloud Photo Library , you are using slightly less MB of storage

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yes but even before iCloud Photo Library exist , you would still use up the 5GB iCloud back up pretty quick ,

iCloud Photo Library won't duplicate your photo with iCloud back up ,
so if you have 1000 photo and back up using only iCloud
or if you have the same 1000 photos and back up using both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud back up
they would use up the same amount of storage ,

indeed , I found out if you use iCloud Photo Library , you are using slightly less MB of storage

No, if it's not on your phone it won't be there twice. But what about the photos on the camera roll? Those back up to iCloud. Are you saying you keep no photos at all on your camera roll? Either place will use the same space. But it's not just photos you back up. It's everything you currently have on your phone. Then add the photos in iCloud Photo Library. That free 5 gb will go fast.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm generally using one drive to back up photos. Even with free storage you still get, what, 25gbs? I also back up to Dropbox. And I do pay for a extra 20gb on iCloud, but considering canceling that.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We use Dropbox for backup of photos, and the app automatically sends them there on wifi. I don't use them on iCloud though and don't want them showing up in Photos/iPhoto.

Works for us :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the other options, I just prefer the native option myself. Simplification is worth a dollar to me...especially in terms of native backup storage.

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Copy is really good (OSX, Windows, Linux, Android, etc compatible).

15GB for free and you can earn up to like 40GB if you do referrals (5GB per friend signed up). I've already maxed out my referrals, but you can use my referral link to get an extra 5GB for yourself if you want: https://copy.com?r=7EkCyL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
what u use dropbox for ? photos ? doc ? video ?

i currently only use google drive ( for word doc and EVERYTHING (song , videos , everything ), iCloud ( everything ), one drive ( for microsoft word doc )

I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive for photos, videos, Documents, gifs, PNG images and other files.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods