What email service (web or desktop) do you prefer and why?

Which email service provider do you prefer?

• iCloud.com

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Gmail

• Outlook.com

• Yahoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outlook on the Desktop

• Other (encouraged to describe in thread)

• Total voters

TheyCallMeBriaN

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I know there are similar threads but I couldn't find any threads that really answers what I'm looking for and because services change over time, I really want to know everyone's current opinion.

I've found myself sending more professional emails lately with school and intership/job applications. Up until now, the bulk of my email use was miscellaneous conversations with friends and family and online account creation so I'm relatively green when it comes to all of this IMAP and POP3 stuff. I'm hoping to learn what the general consensus is on email providers, online or desktop, email protocols, etc.. it's all a bit overwhelming. What's important and what's not when considering a new email client?

I also want to say that have been using Gmail for my email and iCloud for my contacts and calendar but now I'm considering an "all-in-one" email platform to consolidate my calendar, email address book, reminders/notes. I'm leaning towards Outlook.com because of it's simple and aesthetically pleasing UI. Does a clean UI even matter? I think it has one of the better online ecosystems with 30GB of free OneDrive storage and also the free online MS Office suite which is convenient for students like myself.

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I got rid of Gmail because I really hate Google.
I have a Yahoo address which I use for online shopping since I always get a ton of spam with shopping.
Everything else from work to bills, banking, medical, volunteer work, social etc is icloud.
I've been liking it quite a bit.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Email is kind of like toilet paper to me...as long as it works well I don't care which one it is. As long as I can attach stuff effortlessly and it works from my MBP without fuss, I'll use whatever (I currently have a MS Exchange account, 2 gmail accounts and an iCloud email setup, and they all get used for one thing or another (my MS Exchange is my business account, so it gets used the most for larger stuff, and it works just as it should).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
4 Gmail accounts, 1 outlook account, 1 Comcast, 1 iCloud. I use them all for specific uses. And I use the VIP feature for family and friends in my contacts.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice