Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default best headphones for gym

currently have the bose orange sport i use for the gym but the wires are kind of annoying.. anyone use the power beats 2 wireless for gym...? how do you like
    ahmedsaad123 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: best headphones for gym

Currently I'm using Motorola S-11's. I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade to the beats power 2's as well.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Banned

I use the LG Tone Ultras...perfect for working out and bike riding. Great sound quality, light weight and are not uncomfortable even when using them for long periods of time. I regularly ride 30-40 miles (2-3 hours) on my bike and my ears never get sore with them in that long.
    iMore Genius

I use the Bose in ears. I have tried so many Bluetooth headphones it's not even funny. My biggest issue it them falling out or discomfort.

I have a pair of plantronics I love but they won't stay connected.

I have the ones Sean has but the just fall out of my ears.

I have the beats but they hurt after about 30 minutes lol. Just can't find a good pair.

Now the Bose I can wear for 8 hours with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
    I use the Bose in ears. I have tried so many Bluetooth headphones it's not even funny. My biggest issue it them falling out or discomfort.

I have a pair of plantronics I love but they won't stay connected.

I have the ones Sean has but the just fall out of my ears.

I have the beats but they hurt after about 30 minutes lol. Just can't find a good pair.

Now the Bose I can wear for 8 hours with no issues.

I am a true fan of Bose headphones, I'm still rocking my over the ear noise canceling headphones many years later and they are still the best I've ever had or heard. That said, the fact that bose didn't have a wireless option shied me away from them for my workout headphones...because I love biking so much, wired headphones just aren't an option (I've tried and ALWAYS pull them out at some point).

I so wish that Bose would enter into the wireless market in this regard, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
    iMore Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I am a true fan of Bose headphones, I'm still rocking my over the ear noise canceling headphones many years later and they are still the best I've ever had or heard. That said, the fact that bose didn't have a wireless option shied me away from them for my workout headphones...because I love biking so much, wired headphones just aren't an option (I've tried and ALWAYS pull them out at some point).

I so wish that Bose would enter into the wireless market in this regard, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
    Oh I agree. I pull my Bose out of my ears at least once a day. And it pisses me off lol. If the made their in the ear headphone wireless. I would be done ever buying headphones. I also have the new QC 25's. They are Great for me for listening to my audio books.

iMore Intermediate

I use the original Power Beats for working out. The ear hooks work well and don't come loose easily. The earphones are also designed in a way to let some ambient noise in, which is useful when I'm out running and need to stay aware of cars. The sound is unspectacular - bass heavy and muddy. However, if the current gen model is anything like any of the other 2nd gen Beats headphones, there will probably be some improvement in the sound department.
    iMore Nanite

I use Skullcandy for my gym! It gives good voice on the headphones and I also use it in cars.
    iMore Nanite

great advice...nice
    Banned

I can't afford none of them above mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiccofe View Post
    I can't afford none of them above mentioned
    The earpiece that came with your iOS device may be more than sufficient for you in regard to gym use.
    iMore Newbie

I like the BlueBud X from JayBird. Had them for a couple of years. Still going. Battery life is good. About 8 hours.

http://www.amazon.com/JayBird-BlueBu...mUvbUpU2505832
    iMore Newbie

Unfortunately what works for some may not always work for others. I'd recommend finding a store that has a good return policy and start your search from there. Please clean them when done if you're going to return though.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    iMore Nanite

Beat head set or Iphone head set is my vote...
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: What are the best headphones for the gym?

I have the Sennheiser CX 685, offers excellent sound quality with rich bass and crisp treble. The eartips have a pretty good noise-reduction effect.
    iMore Intermediate

I use the Power Beats 2. I tried many different ones but I have stopped on these. Great sound and comfortable. I too ride for many hours with these and don't have any issues. When in the gym I can set my phone down next to my water and move around without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by fftaz336 View Post
    I like the BlueBud X from JayBird. Had them for a couple of years. Still going. Battery life is good. About 8 hours.

http://www.amazon.com/JayBird-BlueBu...mUvbUpU2555787
    I am a headphone junky and these are the ones I use in the gym. I sweat like crazy and jump all over and they do not come out of your ears... Best workout headphones for sure!
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Jaybrid are the best !
    Chemy JMHT and eyecrispy like this.
    iMore Nanite

I use the wireless studio beats. Comfortable, snug, incredible sound.
    iMore Pro

Default What are the best headphones for the gym?

I've been using the jaybird X2 headphones lately. I used to use of tones but they aggravated me while running for 70 minutes straight.

The jaybirds usually stay where you put them and they sound good. Not really noise canceling but they fit well, especially with the ear fins. The battery last a good amount of time especially if you completely power them down. They have a low power mode but sometimes when I go to use them after I didn't power them down completely I have a dead set.

Best part of the x2 is that they have a lifetime warranty on being sweat proof and have a tangle free cable
    iMore Nanite

I have the Jaybird X's (got them real cheap), and will probably be upgrading to Powerbeats 2 around Christmas time. I run a lot and the Jaybirds just don't stay connected, or do stay connected but cut in and out. I'm on my second pair (which I've had since around maybe August?) and I'm pretty sure they just died on my last run. They stay in though, and the cord's nice, so there's that...
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by mrnimziki View Post
    I have the Jaybird X's (got them real cheap), and will probably be upgrading to Powerbeats 2 around Christmas time. I run a lot and the Jaybirds just don't stay connected, or do stay connected but cut in and out. I'm on my second pair (which I've had since around maybe August?) and I'm pretty sure they just died on my last run. They stay in though, and the cord's nice, so there's that...
    Never heard of those, thanks for tip, IŽll check them out! Are they better sound quality wise?

Cheers
    iMore Newbie

I use the Jaybird X2. Awesome piece of hardware, about 8 hours of battery life, choice of silicon as well as foam ear tips. Also there is a crescent shaped piece of equipment that is meant to fit in the circular shape if the ear outside the canal. That piece is also available in three different size. They fit so well that the earphones won't come out even during jumping jacks. They also have a good chord management that make them fit like a band behind the head. You should definitely check them out. Oh ya they also have a life long warranty against sweat damage.

Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds | JaybirdSport.com
    iMore Newbie

I have the Jaybird X2's. They supposedly have 10 hours of playback before a charge. I am a big fan of these. They stay in my ears when I go for a run and look stylish enough for everything else. Like others said, they have a lifetime warranty for sweat. I heard good things from friends that received a new pair when the others broke.
    iMore Nanite

I highly recommend Anker Soundbuds Sport. They're cheap, connect via Bluetooth, they withstand sweat and rain, and the sound quality is really good for the price. They also have controls so that you can play/pause, skip songs, answer calls, and it also has volume buttons.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast