What cloud storage service(s) should I use?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So right now I'm using one drive, Dropbox, iCloud, and google drive. I'm deciding on one or two I'd like to use and spend money to get more storage, but can't decide.

I use a mix of different devices: iPhone, iPad, PC, nexus 7, Apple tv and roku 3.

So iCloud may be too limited because I don't own all Apple devices, but I may get the 20gb plan because it's cheap and I could use it for my back ups.

Then that leaves the other three. Compatibility wise, Dropbox is best it seems. But it's more expensive than one drive and Google drive. If I get office 365 I get unlimited one drive storage. Google drive is still affordable for 1 TB.

So there's a lot of good options. Any suggestions?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. OneDrive seems buggy to me when viewing photos. Box is my favorite for photos. But the file size is limited. So larger videos go in Dropbox.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. OneDrive seems buggy to me when viewing photos. Box is my favorite for photos. But the file size is limited. So larger videos go in Dropbox.

I wish Dropbox wasn't so expensive though.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Decisions Decisions Decisions with RavenSword.
Seriously what is that you are looking for?
Can't decided on a Apple TV a phone a computer and now a cloud service.
You put way too much thought in this stuff.
You seem afraid to get into the Apple Ecosystem as if a van full of Apple geniuses will come to your home and chain you up in your basement. You gotta relax. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of my storage as well, for the music, i decided to subscribe the itunes match (thx for one of imore mod, sorry I can't recall your name Lol)
For my movies, i think I will go for wd my cloud (nas) rather than monthly subscribe cloud service

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Decisions Decisions Decisions with RavenSword.
Seriously what is that you are looking for?
Can't decided on a Apple TV a phone a computer and now a cloud service.
You put way too much thought in this stuff.
You seem afraid to get into the Apple Ecosystem as if a van full of Apple geniuses will come to your home and chain you up in your basement. You gotta relax. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason I'm afraid of going too far in the apple ecosystem is that there stuff doesn't work on other platforms. I don't want to feel like I have to always get Apple just because my stuff is locked in their services.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The reason I'm afraid of going too far in the apple ecosystem is that there stuff doesn't work on other platforms. I don't want to feel like I have to always get Apple just because my stuff is locked in their services.

Then use Dropbox and call it a day.

Like you should have did when you created the same thread a year ago.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still have issues with their pricing. For the same 9.99 a month I could get office 365 with unlimited one drive space and a office suite.

Box is nice. 10 gb free. Not for big videos though. But great for photos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro