Why is there no Apple pay in Canada?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read on the net. It was supposed to be in March but Apple was still in negotiations with Banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering the same about Australia. We're usually the first to test new things (because we're far away from the rest of the world and no one notices if something flops), so I am fairly surprised it hasn't found its way to us yet. They need to hurry this up, I NEED. :cool: Also we only have about 2 to 3 major banks residing here, talks can't be that lengthy with those.

Last edited:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it's more of the issues with Banks. Apple wants to push this to as many countries as possible, and I rather suspect the hurdles they are encountering here is with the local Canadian localisations.

stroute

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I first used Apple Pay IN CANADA last October at a Tim Hortons in Vancouver,BC. I have also used it several restaurants and a Safeway. It works at every place I've been to that uses the tap to pay devices....grocery stores,pharmacies etc. All I can say is "it just works" fine here in Canada (I'm in Victoria now and it works here too!!!).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner