Alternative for itunes?

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
im looking for program which is able to get music to my iphone 6 and because im not able to install program on pc (laptop from work) it needs to be portable (no need for instalation), is there something like this? Or do you know different solution?

THANK YOU

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No...you can buy music from any source, and load it onto your phone using iTunes. iTunes is your option for music MANAGEMENT. And it's probably the best one on the market for such management...

What you're looking for is a work around for a very odd and specific scenario because you use a corporate computer...and in that, you're kind of out of luck.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I found some alternatives but they all need instalation... :/

So only option is to buy music again on itunes?

You might be able to use Google Play to upload your music. I'm pretty sure you can upload music to your library via web browser. Once uploaded to Google Play, you can use the Google Play app to play or download your music to your iphone. The downside is that you will only be able to access this music with the Google Play app. You will not be able to access the music with the default iOS music app.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I really wish they would just rebuild iTunes. It's rather janky and honestly not up to apples standards. The PC program in particular is clunky.

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I'll agree with not liking itunes. I avoid it as best I can for everything but backups and updates (I do like it for that). I tried a MacBook Pro for 1 year (2013) and didn't find itunes any better on it. Was very happy to return to a PC, and am still dissatisfied with iTunes regardless of platform. I know I'm against the grain on this but I like the iPhone and iPad, and don't care for most of the other Apple products.

As for the OP's question, I agree with Google play being a good option. I also use the amazon MP3 app to play music purchased through them, which is most of my music.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Considering that most of apples iOS customers are on PC, I would think they'd atleast put effort I to fixing that version.

It runs just fine for most people...regardless of what OS is running on the machine. They put plenty of "effort" into the software...it's one of their biggest cash cows, why wouldn't they?

As is typical with your posts, you assume that because YOU experience something that a very large % of the consumer base must also experience the same. It's simply not true.

Does iTunes run on Windows just as good as it does on OS X? For most people, yes, and it does run just fine on Windows, enough to negate the need for an overhaul that you seem to feel it desperately needs.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It runs just fine for most people...regardless of what OS is running on the machine. They put plenty of "effort" into the software...it's one of their biggest cash cows, why wouldn't they?

As is typical with your posts, you assume that because YOU experience something that a very large % of the consumer base must also experience the same. It's simply not true.

Does iTunes run on Windows just as good as it does on OS X? For most people, yes, and it does run just fine on Windows, enough to negate the need for an overhaul that you seem to feel it desperately needs.

Actually if you listen to even some apple writers they do often complain about iTunes. Maybe it doesn't need a complete reworking, but I do think it needs to evolve some. Break out some of the apps or whatever. Have a separate video and music program or app? Not sure. But I think they can atleast make it more manageable

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

And are YOU just assuming most are OK with it because you yourself are ok with it? I could argue you could be doing the same thing I am being accused of. How do you know most are ok with it or like it? being ok with it doesn't make it good

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Actually if you listen to even some apple writers they do often complain about iTunes. Maybe it doesn't need a complete reworking, but I do think it needs to evolve some. Break out some of the apps or whatever. Have a separate video and music program or app? Not sure. But I think they can atleast make it more manageable

How does breaking it apart make things more manageable? Now you have to open several programs to manage your iphone. I'd recommend getting a new pc or learning how to use itunes..