Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

37 Posts

Default Instapaper VS Pocket?

I usually use pocket as my read it later source, but honestly i hate the icon on the iPhone and think it ugly, just downloaded Instapaper..

Which one do you use? And which do you like more?

Default Re: Instapaper VS Pocket?

I never quite warmed up to using Pocket, but I did use Instapaper a lot and loved it, but then a while back it was having parsing problems so I've since switch to using Readability and have been now for probably a year or so. It's all I need.
    iMore Pro

643 Posts

I'm usually an Instapaper user. I've used it the longest, and I appreciate that I can limit how many articles are stored on the iDevices; pocket has no such limit, and I find its database can grow wild if you don't read/delete/archive articles frequently (had it up to around 600MB without really even thinking about it). However, iMore.com and Instapaper have been troublesome for me for a while now. It just doesn't parse/download at least half the articles I save there. So Pocket has been better in terms of actually getting articles parsed/downloaded, but I prefer the look/feel/operation of Instapaper (if only because of familiarity).
    iMore Expert

800 Posts

I've tried both of those apps and came to the conclusion that "Reading list" in Safari was just enough for my need. I save the article I want to read later into the reading list. When off connection I easily access it within safari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

16 Posts

Pocket, mostly because it's future proof.
    iMore Pro

627 Posts

Pocket. I've used it for a long time. It does what I need and does it well. Have not tried instapaper extensively so I can't say anything other than it looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk