Is there an iTunes, iCloud or third-party data management software?

wdh1987

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
iTunes, iCloud or third-party data management software?

iTunes and iCloud, as two official mobile device management applications of Apple. Most iOS device users use them to backup and organize data of iPhone, iPad and iPod. However, at the time, there is more and more third-party data management software in the market to help you manage data.
Some people think iTunes is easy to use, but some prefer iCloud. It seems more and more turn to third-party data management software. So I want to someone give me some suggestions about iTunes, iCloud and third-party data management software. Do you think iTunes and iCloud are easy to use? Will you choose these third-party data management as an alternative to iTunes and iCloud?

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: iTunes, iCloud or third-party data management software?

I prefer iCloud. While most people believe that using iTunes is a struggle, I have no problem using it. I prefer to just use the services where I know that would synchronize data correctly, I do not nor rarely use any third party management software.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I use iTunes to sync my iPhone and manage my music library. The only thing I use iCloud is iPhone back ups. I use Microsoft OneDrive for all my cloud storage needs.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I've never understood why people complain about iTunes. I've got no problem with it. It's what I use.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I Tunes primary, use Icloud to back up my data periodically just incase phone is lost or stolen. Never had any major issues it's pretty straight forward to use. I do however have "sync my iTunes " "synctunes"and remote pro but don't really use the 3rd parties

Posted via the iMore App for Android

wdh1987

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I've never understood why people complain about iTunes. I've got no problem with it. It's what I use.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

May I know you used iTunes for what? For backing up the data of your device? Transfer the data from PC to your device? or any other use?

wdh1987

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I Tunes primary, use Icloud to back up my data periodically just incase phone is lost or stolen. Never had any major issues it's pretty straight forward to use. I do however have "sync my iTunes " "synctunes"and remote pro but don't really use the 3rd parties

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Why don't you choose iTunes to backup your data directly?

wdh1987

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I use iTunes to sync my iPhone and manage my music library. The only thing I use iCloud is iPhone back ups. I use Microsoft OneDrive for all my cloud storage needs.

Why did you choose three tools to do the things that one tool can?

wdh1987

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I prefer iCloud. While most people believe that using iTunes is a struggle, I have no problem using it. I prefer to just use the services where I know that would synchronize data correctly, I do not nor rarely use any third party management software.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

If these third party could help you synchronize data correctly and it much more easy to use than iTunes and iCloud, will you choose them as an alternative?

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I do problem is my iPod touch 5 was stolen like 3 months after I bought it I normally sync it automatically when I hook up my computer, but for some reason was busy and to do a full back up took to long because I take lots of picture and have tones of music, the music I don't mind because it will always be there

I did do a full back up like 1 month prior though so when it was stolen I lost everything, was really upset because it had some really nice pictures I took with my fianc?e on our trip which could never get back . I tried everything to no avail
I tried restoring the new device to previous saves but giving it was prior to it didn't helped and also iTunes charged me for music I already bought before I guess because it's a newer device.

This is why now I always make sure I do a full back up frequently

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

If these third party could help you synchronize data correctly and it much more easy to use than iTunes and iCloud, will you choose them as an alternative?

You're simply adding another layer of software to an already optimized and simple to use (for the spectrum of consumers) management system (iTunes and iCloud). You're never going to have a management system that supersedes the Apple products directly for the devices because Apple isn't going to trust a 3rd party to do such...Apple themselves would have to implement it, and honestly, why focus on that when iCloud and iTunes is already works so well together, and both are so simple to use?

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I use icloud only for contacts, backups, and a backup of settings in some apps. Like for example, i use a podcast app, Downcast, and it backs up a list of the podcasts i'm subscribed to.

For music i use local storage and occasionally Google play music to stream my stored library because it's free. Sorry icloud.

file storage I use One Drive. I have a ton of google accounts thus google drive and Box. But One Drive is my main storage for photos too.

iCloud is what it is but they want me to pay for music and i'm not buying music from the Apple ecosystem. And One Drive, Box, Google Drive all gave me monumentally more storage for free than anyone else, dropbox or whatever so i use One Drive.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I use iTunes to back up my iPhone 5S and iPad Air 1st gen on a weekly basis. The only 3rd party app I use for my pictures is Dropbox. I also use iCloud only for my contacts, calendar and docs&data.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Why did you choose three tools to do the things that one tool can?

I don't like iTunes. I don't buy music from iTunes. With Google Play music I can access all my music from any where for free.

Storage for iCloud is over priced IMO. With my Office 365 subscription I get the latest MS Office installed on my MacBook/Windows 7 desktop and unlimited OneDrive storage. The OneDrive app also automatically backs up photos on my iPhone to OneDrive when on wifi.