Who has used the iPhone 6 for at least 45 days? Battery thoughts?

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm close to about 45 days. I can't seem to get past 4pm without starting to worry about the battery.

Any one else experiencing a short day with with phone? I'm thinking of going in to an Apple Store and switching out the phone.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I unplug mine around 5am and go to about 6 or 7 pm with medium to heavy use all day and still at twenty five to thirty percent.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I unplug mine around 5am and go to about 6 or 7 pm with medium to heavy use all day and still at twenty five to thirty percent.

Unplugged at roughly 9am this morn.

Sitting at exactly 13% as I type this.

Mostly music and a couple of YouTube videos today. Had the day off, so nothing to heavy.

Now it's 12%.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Unplugged at roughly 9am this morn.

Sitting at exactly 13% as I type this.

Mostly music and a couple of YouTube videos today. Had the day off, so nothing to heavy.

Now it's 12%.

Something don't seem right, did you check your usage to see what apps are using battery.

It's for thirty six pm and I'm at forty five percent still.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Something don't seem right, did you check your usage to see what apps are using battery.

It's for thirty six pm and I'm at forty five percent still.

I don't know how to attach a screen shot from my phone.

But right now it reads like this:

Usage 6 Hours, 7 minutes
Standby 6 Hours, 46 minutes

Battery Usage

Safari 18%
YouTube 16%
Phone 10%
Home and Lock Screen 9%
Messages 8%
Swiftkey 7%
10 Pin Shuffle(Game) 7%
Music 3%
Google Play Music 3%
Mail 1%
No Cell Coverage 1%
Starbucks 1%
Google 1%

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Press power button on side and home button at the same time.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Here is a shot of mine today. Six hours is a lot of usage with screen on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417211959.679077.jpg

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Press power button on side and home button at the same time.

I just Google some battery tips and turned off the apps tgat are refreshing in the background.

Still, I think I'll run into the Grand Central Station Apple store tomorrow and ask them to run a diagnostic on the battery if they're able to.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
That will definitely help turning them off and refresh manually.

If you have time it couldn't hurt to have it checked out.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That usage doesn't look terribly unusual to me. But it doesn't hurt to have it checked out either.

Gracias! Thanks Karen.

I'm coming from the HTC One And then the HTC One M8. I used to get through an entire day on a single charge.

So maybe I've been a bad comparison.

And my iPad would always last a day and a half on a single charge. Bigger battery I guess.

Before the two HTCs I had the 4s and the battery wasn't the best.

Thanks again guys.

D would either of you have any idea why my iPhone is showing up as "Unknown Host" on my MacBook Air?

My iPad shows up just fine.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the 6+ and a Galaxy Note Edge and even as my Iphone as my daily driver.. The battery lasts all day and when I plug in at night I still have about 35%.. The GNE battery is dead by 3pm even though 90% of my time is spent on the Iphone

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. My 6 plus gets 8 hours minimum usage on a really bad day of extreme usage playing games and stuff that really drains the battery.
I get 10 hours usage regularly. Sometime 12 hours on my 6plus

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I take it off the charger at around 9-10am daily and never have to worry about charging it until around 9pm. Sometimes 7pm if I'm using it super heavy. I usually bluetooth stream to my car every morning, browse flipboard, use safari, texting/whatsapp religiously, etc. But everyones usage is different so its hard to compare. I never complained once about my battery life and I consider myself a heavy user most times.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If your usage is really heavy, there's nothing you can do about the battery life.... I get 4 hours on screen time some days and 10 to 12 on very long days so it depends...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm close to about 45 days. I can't seem to get past 4pm without starting to worry about the battery.

Any one else experiencing a short day with with phone? I'm thinking of going in to an Apple Store and switching out the phone.

If you A. Are a heavy user, or B. do not have a good signal, the iPhone won't last all day. When you place thinness over larger battery which apple does, battery life will not be that steller. They should have made it 2mm thicker, added a larger battery and it would have eliminated the camera sticking out while also giving much better battery.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you A. Are a heavy user, or B. do not have a good signal, the iPhone won't last all day. When you place thinness over larger battery which apple does, battery life will not be that steller. They should have made it 2mm thicker, added a larger battery and it would have eliminated the camera sticking out while also giving much better battery.

Even on a bigger capacity phone that usually lasts me a day and a half on 4 hour usage like the Oneplus One, I can barely reach half a day if I am pumping my screen continuous videos...so I don't really think the iPhone 6 or 6 plus is ever bad in battery but it all depends on what you use the phone for.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

I unplug my iPhone 6 at 4:30am and with medium usage I have 25% left at 9:30pm.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

And two gigs of ram, had to throw that in there. :biggrin:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234