Why can't I get my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth working?

Emmett95

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Since I loaded IOS 8.1.1 on my 4S iPhone I have lost Bluetooth and the WiFi is greyed out so that I can't use it. Other 4S users in our organization are having the same problem and I see lots of angry iPhone users on the web ready to ditch Apple and go Microsoft or Android. I've tried the freezer trick and Apples support suggestions but they are not the solution. The reality is that the upgrade caused this issue and we need an explanation and/or fix Apple...please fix it or you are going to lose a once very loyal customer that?s been standardizing on Apple for its staff ever since your first iPhone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First of all, iMore is NOT Apple. Having said that, go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings. [NOTE]Resetting network settings on your device will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.[/NOTE] OR go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset All Settings. [Note]This will delete your preference settings and return them to their default. It will NOT delete any of your data.[/NOTE] If neither of the above work, you may have to restore your device and set it up as new.

Emmett95

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
First of all, iMore is NOT Apple. Having said that, go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings. [NOTE]Resetting network settings on your device will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.[/NOTE] OR go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset All Settings. [Note]This will delete your preference settings and return them to their default. It will NOT delete any of your data.[/NOTE] If neither of the above work, you may have to restore your device and set it up as new.

Thanks JustMe'D for help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro