Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

159 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Default APP Store and Google Play Freebies

There's something that I've found interesting for the past few month with regards to the marketing strategies of both the companies.

This morning I rec'vd an e' from the APP store annoucing the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack for $19.99.

As I also own an HTC One M8 in addition to my iP6 and Retina Mini, I also just noticed that I also rec'vd the weekly Google Play email with the same album except the Playstore is giving it awaty for free for a limited time.

So the freebies Google this week include the above mentioned GofTG album, Lorde's album, the film Gravity with Sandra Bullock and a free pre-order for Ludacris' next album.

Needless to say, I jgrabbed all the free stuff and saved them to my account EVEN THOUGH I prob won't get much use out of them, and wondered 'Hey! Where's the free App store stuff?".

The Starbuck app on my iP also give away a free iOS game or song every monday.

My question is how can I find all the free premium stuff in the App store without going through a list of all the free games and other things?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Folks!

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: APP Store and Google Play Freebies

Well the iMore blog posts a list everyday of free or reduced price apps. And there are other blogs that do the same.