iPhone upgrade cycle

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Every year for me. Also I don't think the changes from the 4 to the 4S or the 5 to the 5S were minimal at all. They may not change the general look of the phone, but there were some pretty big changes in them.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I just upgrade when I'm compelled to. Went and got a 6, had bad luck with it. Got a second 5s.

Still not really liking the 5s and I constantly end up using my 5c when I'm home.

I'll need to really think on what I want to do. I might just end up getting another 5c...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
"S" cycle, I find the S models to have noticeable performance improvements over the number models. If I could afford it I would upgrade every year.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually upgrade every year, but this will be the first time I actually keep a device longer than a year. I'm happy with the 5s and I'm really not sure if I will upgrade to a 6s if there will be such a device.

colincoop3r

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just upgrade when I'm compelled to. Went and got a 6, had bad luck with it. Got a second 5s.

Still not really liking the 5s and I constantly end up using my 5c when I'm home.

I'll need to really think on what I want to do. I might just end up getting another 5c...

What happened to be wrong your 6?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
What happened to be wrong your 6?

Actually I'm super embarrassed. First one was overheating and started getting black lines across it. Second one came out of the box, instantly gave me a blue screen of death.

I felt so uncomfortable that I was seriously trying. Gave up for now, guess I'm just not meant to have it at this time.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Always liked the S model, but got the 6 for the screen size mostly.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

colincoop3r

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually I'm super embarrassed. First one was overheating and started getting black lines across it. Second one came out of the box, instantly gave me a blue screen of death.

I felt so uncomfortable that I was seriously trying. Gave up for now, guess I'm just not meant to have it at this time.

Sounds like your not ment to be just yet.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I upgrade every year, sometimes I don't. It really depends if the product is worth it or not, and if I really need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade cycles always coincide with the new iPhones, so I go for those. If I buy phones unlocked they are most likely cheaper than 500 dollars. :)

mooninite

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
With Verizon I get to upgrade every two years so I always skip the (S). I don't typically care enough about the newer features in the (S) although I do recognize the appeal. Definitely a nice upgrade on the (S) models but I would rather have the newer form-factor when it's released rather than having the previous years form-factor with upgraded internals.

Sent from my superior iPhone 6 Plus

acwyau

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded every year since the 4. I always sell the old phone unlocked to pay for the new one and I'm usually only out of pocket about $100 or so. Always have the latest and greatest, as well as always covered by warranty.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73