Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside of the box.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

Bb cultists right OK I could live with that. If you think that's small then OK as I said to each there own lol
The only thing that angers me is stupidity of some people and the nativity of some that are so obviously suffering from diarrhea of the mouth by being so loud mounted about things they know so little about. As for being a "troll" look in the mirror, people that lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones just saying

Posted via the iMore App for Android

What, pray tell, do I know nothing about? Hhhhhmmmmm??????? Your CRAP company? Your CRAP app situation? Your CRAP devices? Your Quasimodo?

How am I, an Apple user, on an Apple site, speaking TRUTH about a well documented nearly extinct company's CRAP half assed efforts to throw the unoptimised apps of another company to its customers, trolling????? You come in here with your cultist dogma and try to shove it down our throats and I'm supposed to be trolling?????

You need s better grip on reality.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Actually I could find my banking apps, Instagram, Geico, and my fitness tracker on my Lumia. Nowhere to be found for BBW or the Amazon AppStore. And the apps that were in the Amazon AppStore simply were unusable.

Side loading most Android isn't an issue, not to mention any apps that aren't on WP, but I could get on BB10, an up to date Netflix app, Amazon Instant Video, my favorite Reddit apps, I can't sign in but I can even use Google Maps on BB10. Nokia Maps are inferior. An actual Snapchat app (WP SC situation is atrocious), a Instagram app that is up to date and not in beta, and even an up to date Vine app.

Just having that available option instead of saying "Well I can't get it" or "It is missing features". I mean WPs Netflix app still has the old icon and does not have profiles yet. Not to mention WP music player is not good, actual Microsoft apps or services (Office, One note, and Outlook) are better done on Android or iOS. I mean besides looks with the fonts and tiles, WP has zero real strengths. BB10 has more features than that right now.

Microsoft is handling WP poorly. They can be successful in everything else all they want, but in the mobile space, WP is pretty much irrelevant, BB10 is too.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Side loading most Android isn't an issue, not to mention any apps that aren't on WP, but I could get on BB10, an up to date Netflix app, Amazon Instant Video, my favorite Reddit apps, I can't sign in but I can even use Google Maps on BB10. Nokia Maps are inferior. An actual Snapchat app (WP SC situation is atrocious), a Instagram app that is up to date and not in beta, and even an up to date Vine app.

Just having that available option instead of saying "Well I can't get it" or "It is missing features". I mean WPs Netflix app still has the old icon and does not have profiles yet. Not to mention WP music player is not good, actual Microsoft apps or services (Office, One note, and Outlook) are better done on Android or iOS. I mean besides looks with the fonts and tiles, WP has zero real strengths. BB10 has more features than that right now.

Microsoft is handling WP poorly. They can be successful in everything else all they want, but in the mobile space, WP is pretty much irrelevant, BB10 is too.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

See I find my app experience on my Lumia vastly superior to what I found on Amazon AppStore. And frankly I found the use Android in a Blackberry to be the breaking point for me. I've got nothing against android apps in my Note 4. But on my Q10??? Dismal.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

Sorry I meant naivety* if this was my blackberry I could have typed better, it's called a typographical error especially with these touch screens and all, but clearly someone of your astounded eloquence don't know the meaning of that word. I didn't know I was in grade school again

lol I'm struggling with my words OK again your ignorance befalls you dear Sr because clearly you impotent in the fact that I have multiple apple products which give me the right to be here just like anyone else as stated before very accurately. But allas ignorance is bliss. It's called Google do you know how to use it?

And again dying company OK LOL YEA OK that's why bb just bought the leading security company that's from the most financially stable European country right ? When you are doing your research please broaden your orizons and don't base your wealth of knowledge on one country and the opinions of a few because the world is a huge place. Would be much appreciated.
And as for not behaving onse selves and acting "appropriately" who started this name calling anecdote?

Seriously? You expect anyone here to take your comments seriously? You keep making it personal and attacking anyone responding to you. Who cares how many products you own. Half of what you have stated as"facts"simply aren't true or are a gross exaggeration. Go back and read this thread from the beginning, it's all in the presentation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
If you where to look up one post you would see I post that bb has 200,000 native apps so tell me how is blackberry giving up on their native apps ?
And as for the andriod apps they run no different on it also and is no diffrent than apple having 3rd party apps in App store.

And again I know you have a z30 so do I, and I know u had a Z10 I have 2, had 4 and I never yelled at you or plan to I actually like you. I just simply as your opinion for your statement bashing bb, was not angry just calmly and simply asked you what's the reason. Nor was any I'll words directed at you in anyway shape or form apart from what was directed at you directly in quotation.

Dirty troll.

200,000 apps, with over 3/4 being complete garbage from a SINGLE DEVELOPER

Here, their latest submission alone is responsible for 138,000 of BBs 200,000 apps.
And that's not even counting the plethora they already had in the store!
S4BB submits an additional 138,792 apps to BlackBerry World | CrackBerry.com

They have over 5000 apps that are literally a map of SINGLE CITY.

What a joke. You need to head back and crap in your own litter box, zealots are not welcome.
Nobody here cares about your Blackberry garbage, nobody.

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
All you have to do is look at Originalloverman's avatar to know he's a troll. Stop feeding the troll folks!

Although, it is funny that this thread was started with the intention of calling out iMore "Apple fans" for becoming angry, etc. whenever another platform is mentioned, and now we have our resident troll, Originalloverman, bashing Apple and users of Apple products in anger while claiming other platforms are superior. :cant-watch:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
All you have to do is look at Originalloverman's avatar to know he's a troll. Stop feeding the troll folks!

Although, it is funny that this thread was started with the intention of calling out iMore "Apple fans" for becoming angry, etc. whenever another platform is mentioned, and now we have our resident troll, Originalloverman, bashing Apple and users of Apple products in anger while claiming other platforms are superior. :cant-watch:

Can't see the avatar very well. I'm almost always on Tapatalk.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Blackberry is superior......superior in cult following lol

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

Someone care to translate this stream of consciousness diatribe????

After my headache goes away.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

bbcc7d3efbb953a3eedd20d92c3caf9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

Wow, I have never used BB and don't know anything about them except they were once very popular, but after all this I have learned quite a bit and I was wondering, can you install Android on a BB device? :biggrin: :sarcastic:

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Wow, I have never used BB and don't know anything about them except they were once very popular, but after all this I have learned quite a bit and I was wondering, can you install Android on a BB device? :biggrin: :sarcastic:

They're extremely popular with some folks. View attachment 72907

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's amazing how John Chen made the Passport better selling than expected in the States. That is something, just saying...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

It's amazing how John Chen made the Passport better selling than expected in the States. That is something, just saying...

No doubt it's selling better than he expected. And no doubt that the numbers on the 19th will be much better than imagined and that the company IS turning around.

But that doesn't negate the strategy to lift Android APKs for popular apps and that using the Amazon AppStore reinforces Chen's strategy of moving away from the consumer hurts native development.

I had asked often whether there was one single Android developer who has gone on record as saying that he will provide support for his Android app on a BlackBerry via lifted APKs and I never got one single developer's information. Not a one. So if you buy a Passport and you load it up with lifted APKs and you run into trouble, there is no committed support from an Android developer. And as I stated, I tested the Amazon AppStore solution on my Q10 and not only could I not find the apps I needed, those that were there were buggy, laggy, and some downright unusable.

So sure, it's sold well with hardcore fans who are willing to put up with all the hurdles and who are willing to deal with a lesser experience. That's not me. I buy the phone to work for me, I don't buy the phone to work at getting it to give me a quasi Android experience.

And by the way, the apps that do work do so at the pleasure of Google. Right now BlackBerry is insignificant to them and all these shenanigans with lifted APKs are not worth their time. Can't say that this will continue to be the case. Money talks. It is very possible that at some point these developers will no longer put up with the lifting of these APKs.

I'm not a die hard BlackBerry fanboi nor a BlackBerry cultist. That's a risk that's not acceptable. What IS acceptable to me is a platform that will support my purchases and my use. THAT I've got with Apple. I pay for it, I get it. Seems fair.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I agree, just the act of getting APKs on BB10 feels awkward to me. I would rather have Blackberry having its own app store and running from there, with some honestly decent apps, like Apple did at the beginning with the first iPhone.

That would have stayed truer to Blackberry as a company, in my opinion. A tech company should never lose its identity...

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

One thing this thread has taught me is not actually related to the topic. It has taught me never to use my real picture as an avatar. Its rather sad to see someone who looks older than I arguing like a teenager playing a video game.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

One thing this thread has taught me is not actually related to the topic. It has taught me never to use my real picture as an avatar. Its rather sad to see someone who looks older than I arguing like a teenager playing a video game.

Hmmm, wonder who he’s talking about? And I also wonder why THIS GUY gets to be the cut-off point for "arguing like a teenager". But I digress.

Suppose for a moment that all of us are using pictures of "not us" as our avatars. It could happen. Maybe it already has.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm, wonder who he?s talking about? And I also wonder why THIS GUY gets to be the cut-off point for "arguing like a teenager". But I digress.

Suppose for a moment that all of us are using pictures of "not us" as our avatars. It could happen. Maybe it already has.

How do you know that's not a picture of me in my avatar?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm, wonder who he?s talking about? And I also wonder why THIS GUY gets to be the cut-off point for "arguing like a teenager". But I digress.

I agree. You might not believe this but my avatar is not me...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77