I am a self admitted hopeless techtard and that is one of the reasons why I came back to Apple.
    Other reasons included getting really fed up with Samsung, the way they forced the update that bricked my Note 3, but also the simple fact that iPhones work without fanfare, and my life is way too busy to put up with constantly having to play with my settings. I also know top level software engineers who swear by iPhone, so, tech savvy doesn't always come into play.
    11-22-2016 08:22 AM
    The funniest thing is that I work in IT. Programmers, developers, web designers, infrastructure. The MAJORITY of them, when they take their personal phones out, carry iPhones.
    And my agency is phasing out iPhones. We've currently got over 4K iPhones and barely 900 Androids. People overwhelmingly chose iPhones, and even those who originally picked Android (like me, I picked Android because the. SGS5 had a user replaceable battery) ended up swapping early.
    So the argument about tech-illiterate is from people who feel that hardware trumps user experience.
    11-30-2016 08:00 AM
    A month later.... I don't think iPhone is for the tech-illiterate per se, I do think the iPhone is easier and more accessible to the tech-illiterate, out of the box, than Android. The details that make that true, to me, appeal to some and are disliked by others.
    12-30-2016 01:49 PM
    What rant ?

I'm also tech savvy, and have an iPhone 6s Plus..

Just because Apple prevents users from mucking around with iOS by default and locks it down to the point it's limiting with what you can do compared to Android, doesn't mean always for simple people..

I think its a mixed bag..... But more importantly, u go where the apps are.... if u have them on both phones, then its up to the user to decide, but if the apps u'r after are only for iOS, then there is no choice to make.

People are more quick and comfortable with iPhones (even non-tech savvy users) because of the lock down.. u can't customize as much as you can on other phones, but that doesn't make it for simple people...

It's just simple to use.
    01-08-2017 08:01 AM
    What rant ?

I'm also tech savvy, and have an iPhone 6s Plus..

Just because Apple prevents users from mucking around with iOS by default and locks it down to the point it's limiting with what you can do compared to Android, doesn't mean always for simple people..

I think its a mixed bag..... But more importantly, u go where the apps are.... if u have them on both phones, then its up to the user to decide, but if the apps u'r after are only for iOS, then there is no choice to make.

People are more quick and comfortable with iPhones (even non-tech savvy users) because of the lock down.. u can't customize as much as you can on other phones, but that doesn't make it for simple people...

It's just simple to use.
    Well-stated....
    01-08-2017 08:48 AM
    Definitely a loaded question ... The "tech-illiterate" choose all types of phones and platforms. iPhone is great technology out of the box for people who choose simplicity, I feel. Those who just have different things to do with their time besides mess around with their tech.
    01-20-2017 11:09 PM
    Odd question, an iPhone to me is just a good tool, it does what it is meant to do, every time. Would you buy a hammer you had to fiddle with to drive a nail in ? I probably come into the tech illiterate group because I don't use IT to earn my crust and probably could do completely without it if push came to shove. Does being tech literate mean making your life more complicated for the sake of it ?
    01-21-2017 07:08 AM
    FYI: This thread was created on November 8, 2014.
    01-21-2017 07:15 AM
    They say the iPhone is so easy to use out of the box a grandmother can use it.
    01-21-2017 10:40 AM
    I think the beauty in iPhone is that's its easy to learn so for tech illetitate people its accessible and not overwhelming. However, I also think it's for tech savvy people as well. I'm fairly tech savvy and love my iPhone for several reasons but one of the top reasons is how it operates with other Apple products. I have bought into the Apple platform as a whole and don't so allows me lots of conveniences that I have come to rely on such as handoff and ability to make calls from my MacBook.
    01-21-2017 12:47 PM
35 12