Question about the 14 day credit/refund policy for changes in price

himmatsj

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Apple says that if the price of their goods change within 14 days of purchasing a given product, you can either seek a refund, or obtain the difference in price in credit.

"Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple-branded product within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to visit an Apple Retail Store or contact the Apple Contact Center..."

What I'd like to know is, does this policy apply only strictly to purchases made from Apple's own retail store and website, or does it also apply to authorized resellers (like in the US, it could be Best Buy, Amazon etc)?

The reason I ask is because a friend of mine bought 2 32GB iPad Airs 2 days before the new ones got announced, and subsequently the price dropped by 25%, which is pretty substantial (RM2000 to RM1500). We are from Malaysia, and Apple does not have its own retail outlets. It merely has a few authorized resellers, and my friend got it from one of those resellers.

Thanks and hope to get some response from the community here.

Cheers!

himmatsj

May 5, 2014
Visit site
No, in Malaysia there is no such thing as "just return them". Especially with tech products. At best they allow you to trade with a product of similar value WITHIN 7 days PROVIDED there is an actual defect. I know, our local consumer laws suck. :(

Anyways, thanks for your reply man!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro