Taking calls through my MacBook Air already.

KingaSpades

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I installed Yosemite on my MacBook Air today and for a while I was able to receive calls from my iPhone 6 through my MacBook. Now it's not working. I thought that this feature wouldn't be available until I was able to upgrade to iOS 8.1 on Monday so I was shocked to be able to hear the call and see the widget on my MacBook screen. Should this be working already? Or was this just some kind of mistake? If this feature should be enabled already then why isn't it working anymore?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I installed Yosemite on my MacBook Air today and for a while I was able to receive calls from my iPhone 6 through my MacBook. Now it's not working. I thought that this feature wouldn't be available until I was able to upgrade to iOS 8.1 on Monday so I was shocked to be able to hear the call and see the widget on my MacBook screen. Should this be working already? Or was this just some kind of mistake? If this feature should be enabled already then why isn't it working anymore?

The FaceTime audio calls and the interconnectivity between that and your iPhone has been there since iOS 8. The SMS messaging in OS X has been pulled from 8.x beta (and subsequently 8.0.2). The SMS on OS X is the piece that is waiting on iOS 8.1.

For calls (and soon SMS) to work, both devices must be on the same wifi network, and be logged into FaceTime and iMessage with the same AppleID/iCloud account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2