Samsung Note 4 Gapgate

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It just goes to show that when you try to pump out millions of devices using human beings and man-made machines, mistakes can happen.

Only difference here is that you won't see Apple send out tweets or make a commercial about it.

Stay classy Samsung

Galaxy Note 4 screen separation issue reported in South Korea | BGR

"Might" have a manufacturing issue. If about as bad internet uproar over #bendgate. Lets hope they get it straightened away. Never good when the consumer loses.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I would be quite surprised if this gets even a fraction of the attention as "bendgate".

We all know that it won’t. Why? IMHO, it’s because the Android platform is severely inferior, and therefore, cannot be held to the same high standard as the iPhone platform.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
We all know that it won’t. Why? IMHO, it’s because the Android platform is severely inferior, and therefore, cannot be held to the same high standard as the iPhone platform.

I disagree, but hey that's your opinion. What is in question here is hardware not iOS/Android. Bit of a stretch.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No one's going to bash Samsung for this, maybe except Apple...

Probably not, but why not? Isn't it the same thing as all the "bendgate" hype? Failure is failure. Bad design? Poorly executed manufacturing?

Why aren’t both devices/platforms held to the same standards? Could it be that the world just expects more from Apple? Or is it a matter of haters pointing out flaws, real or imagined?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Probably not, but why not? Isn't it the same thing as all the "bendgate" hype? Failure is failure. Bad design? Poorly executed manufacturing?

Why aren?t both devices/platforms held to the same standards? Could it be that the world just expects more from Apple? Or is it a matter of haters pointing out flaws, real or imagined?

Apple attracts more bashers because it has a bigger target on its back.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Why go to trouble to stir up "gates" about a particular Samsung product that few have even heard of?

I jokingly asked my wife if she wants a note and she said "what's that?" Exactly.

On the other hand, everyone knows what the iPhone is. Anything Apple generates hits and buzz for websites. The mainstream media carries these stories because they know their audience will eat it up.

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
My EVOD has a gap in it just like the one described, the thread does not seem to have been machined right. Also it is makes it look bent, almost imperceptible, but I see it all the time.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had zero issues with either the Note 2 or 3 when I used them aside from my preference for iOS. But I'm not going to lie and say I don't in the least find this amusing when Samsung almost tripped over themselves because they couldn't rip Apple fast enough.

If your product is as good as you say, you don't need to focus the majority of your marketing on ripping your competitor and its users.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had zero issues with either the Note 2 or 3 when I used them aside from my preference for iOS. But I'm not going to lie and say I don't in the least find this amusing when Samsung almost tripped over themselves because they couldn't rip Apple fast enough.

If your product is as good as you say, you don't need to focus the majority of your marketing on ripping your competitor and its users.

Word.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I personally find all of these "____gate" things to be very dumb and juvenile. It doesn't matter what company is in the cross hairs, it's always equally dumb.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The Gappening.

Anyway, kinda funny to see the rabbit with the gun now. Of course no one will care about this since nobody lined up for the Note 4.

I find it funny though that Samsung started pushing these out for earlier releases in some places because of how they crapped their pants about the 6 Plus being so wanted.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
The Gappening.

Anyway, kinda funny to see the rabbit with the gun now. Of course no one will care about this since nobody lined up for the Note 4.

I find it funny though that Samsung started pushing these out for earlier releases in some places because of how they crapped their pants about the 6 Plus being so wanted.

Note 4 owners with a gap in their phone might care.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
The Gappening.

Nobody lined up? Its not slated to launch until mid-October (US)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711